2 Days and 2 Sakos

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by kirkbridgershooters, Jan 10, 2020.

1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    I told myself that I was going to stop buying more guns last year and they are still rolling in. Maybe I will call a real moratorium on good guns next year. I never thought I would want a new Sako, but the 85 Varmint with great wood, was more than I could pass on.

Earlier, I had been scanning Sako Mannlichers for fun and I found this early 1970's gun on an auction site, I called Roger to see what he thought and we both agreed we didn't need this gun. Watching it the last 5 minutes, I decided to put at least 1 more bid on it and must have scared the other guy, and with only 2 bids on the gun, it became mine.

I also found a great deal on a Swarovski 4-12 scope, so I bought it. Both guns are scoped and cleaned for a day of trials at the range. That won't be long from now...

thumbnail_IMG_8484.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8485.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8486 (1).jpg thumbnail_IMG_8487.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8488.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8489.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8490.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8496.jpg

XTrooper and ricksengines like this.

2. tripledeuce

tripledeuce Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    What caliber? Would be hard to pass up.

3. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    22-250; I am only interested in varmint calibers, as I can shoot them all day and not get detached retinas...