10 cartridge packets of 7x33

Discussion in 'Sako Ammunition' started by topgear, Oct 28, 2015.

1. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Hi Guys

I was looking through some old sporting shooter magazines from 1969 and came across the advertisement below. One interesting thing is it lists 7x33 ammo in packets of 10 rounds/cartridges. I've seen the 20 round boxes but cannot picture the 10 round boxes. Anyone have a picture of these? It's interesting the 7x33 is actually cheaper than the .223 ammo per hundred in 1969!

Cheers John

image.png

2. susanna

susanna Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales

3. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Thanks Susanna I was wondering if I had a brain freeze and just couldn't remember. The same advertisement ran in multiple magazine but I would imagine it would have been hard to change in those days even if the mistake was picked up, if indeed it was a mistake.

There certainly is some cool stuff in the old magazines. See this advertisement for Arthur Langsfords .250 myra sako L461 and L46s with 6 and 20 round magazines. I wouldn't mind buying an original .250 myra on a bofors era L461. There was one on usedguns a few weeks back but I missed it :(

myra.JPG

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  4. susanna

susanna Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales

5. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Yes it was a beauty, bofors era and aussie bolt cocking piece. It looked like it also had a packet of the original branded and head stamped ammo as well. I actually went looking for it with the intention of buying it and found that it was sold :( I wondered if it was an original actually chambered by Arthur Langsford? Anyway whoever has it I hope they really enjoy it. A true "Australian" custom sako !
    Myra250.JPG

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016