• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Dinosaur Hunting

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Dennez

This is just fo fun. But, I am interested in which Sako Rifle and Caliber you would use on a Dinosaur Hunt. Could you take down a triceratops 30' long and weighing in at 6 to 8 tons?

I had an old 1984 Suburban. I'll check to see if it is still running around and if it is I'll set up a high fence hunt for you and throw out some bait. I think a .243 would be more than enough gun if it isn't in any better shape than when I retired it. Bring some warm clothes as the elevated blinds are not heated. (no TV either).

Interesting…to imagine.

“Hunting Trophy Triceratops, with Denniz and 50”

Denniz , a caveman lost in the post prehistoric era of cell phones and internet gun clubs. He knows what he wants. He knows how to get it. He is a modern caveman with only one desire, to kill a Triceratops using only his Sako Mannlicher 30/06. He has a formidable weapon, much more effective than spears and clubs, but he knows…it can’t be done alone.

Misako50…born in a time when …uhhh, when time was just being established. The sun was the only thing older. Intelligent and Bohemian, he walked life with out fear or dismay. His knowledge was vast, profound and without doubt. His countenance was proud and strong. He also had a Chevy Suburban.

To be continued…

bloo

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I wasn't paying attention. Trying to watch Green Bay and San Fran freeze their nads off. So you want a triceratops? Hmmm, haven't seen one for an eon or so. I still have a call that works so I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
I'm thinking realy big bore here and maybe outsid of the scope of what our dear Sako rifles are capable of. For velociraptors I think any high power deer round would do. But, they are fast wingless, beakless birds. We'd have to swing fast and be right on with these critters.

Yeah .. but what are the chances of pulling a Triceratops tag AND a Velociraptor Tag together in one season ?
Lets be realistic here!

Go Green Bay!
Bloo

Do you mean like this ?

iu

Pete

Those may be the dreaded Sabertoothed Squirrels, Jim. They chewed the chimney off my house last week. Can't even sit on my deck and eat peanuts now. Too many of them and the neighbor lady feeds them.

Get the air gun or 22 out and make some squirrel pot pie. My son always said they are rats with fluffy tails. When I was in high school our hunting fishing club collected the tails and sold them to the MEPPS company, and think we got 10 cents per tail. Believe they still buy them, so you can start your own business. LOL

Get the air gun or 22 out and make some squirrel pot pie. My son always said they are rats with fluffy tails. When I was in high school our hunting fishing club collected the tails and sold them to the MEPPS company, and think we got 10 cents per tail. Believe they still buy them, so you can start your own business. LOL
I could but I would have to do business from a jail cell. If I want one exterminated, I have to do a clandestine operation or simply poison them.

Sabre Tooth Squirrels !
I have an RWS .177 for those little bushy tailed vermin. A pair of Kestrels and I keep them at bay.
Bloo

BTW : I’d almost swear that the very moment I typed “go Green Bay” last night..49’ers blocked the punt!
I think a may have seen Rogers chin quivering as he left the field…I’m actually a life long Redskins fan so I don’t really keep up with Football

So what what round did you use on the beast? .416 Rem Mag? .50 cal.? FGM-148 Javelin anti-tank missile?
D
Here is the rest of the article, does not mention the calibre, but I would have used an RPG.
The horror...the horror.

Novelist Joyce Carol Oates went into full liberal outrage mode when she spotted a picture of that notorious big game hunter, Steven Spielberg, posing with his prey. In this case it was a Triceratops dinosaur prop from the Jurassic Park movie set. It turns out that Oates' anger comes about 65 million years too late because that was about how long ago this dinosaur went extinct. Her laughably misplaced anger was in reaction to a tongue in cheek tweet by IGN movie editor Chris Tilly who probably didn't think any rational person would take him seriously.

Pete

Yeah, in early 1930 the Inuit lined up at their local Igloomarts to trade in their atlatls for .22 Hornet rifles.

Back