• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Greetings from Ohio

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Mike B

Hi,
New member here. I currently own a AIII deluxe 30.06 that I purchased thru the Rod and Gun Club in Germany while serving in the U.S. Army 1978 to 1981. The only other Sako rifles I own are the limited edition pair of Finnwolfs that I purchased from the Sako Collectors group in the '80,s.

Is your AIII a European model or is it the same as was imported here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am not sure. It has open sights and no import markings. Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_205110066.jpg
    IMG_20210818_205110066.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210818_205120513.jpg
    IMG_20210818_205120513.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210818_205137918.jpg
    IMG_20210818_205137918.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210818_205037615.jpg
    IMG_20210818_205037615.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210818_205030668.jpg
    IMG_20210818_205030668.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 23
Nice looking bit of lumber in that stock.
I might be a sucker for blondes.
Welcome to the club and thanks for the pictures.

Last edited:
Others will have a better eye but it seems the drop at the heel is longer than usual. Seems like you could actually use your iron sights without pressing down unnaturally on the stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open sights on a Deluxe -- definitely intended for the European market. Beautiful. I know you're not interested in selling, but I suspect that a genuine, unmodified European model would bring something of a premium on today's market.

The stock is typical of the previous L61R and has a somewhat lower comb than seen on most A-III's, so I'm sure that was done to better make use of the open sights.

Great rifle to own -- not that the SCA Finnwolfs aren't, also!

Thanks,
I shot it with open sights when I first used it. I don't think it was hard to adjust to use the sights. It points well and natural with the scope.
The rifle will go to my son along with the rest of my firearms.

Yeah boy!
Gorgeous Timber on that one!
A pair of Commemorative Finnwolf rifles are a highly coveted addition to any collection, but I’d look right past them both to get a closer look at the De Lux! Very nice indeed.

Welcome and Thanks for the photos!

Yeah boy!
Gorgeous Timber on that one!
A pair of Commemorative Finnwolf rifles are a highly coveted addition to any collection, but I’d look right past them both to get a closer look at the De Lux! Very nice indeed.

Welcome and Thanks for the photos!
Thanks,

Back