• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Rifles Afield (as intended)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Using this chart my pr has been a 150’ish lb hog at 100 yds with bullet placement between eye & ear with .22LR
Spaher, you've been having too much fun!

I've done some fun 100-yard shooting with my P94 using standard velocity ammunition for lower report. A couple of years ago we had a fabulous quail crop where I hunt deer. Large coveys would gather underneath a corn deer feeder which was about 110 yards from the blind. Taking quail with a rifle is legal in Texas, so I took the P94 with me to the blind. It only took a couple of shots to get the range on the feeder. The quail paid virtually no attention when one of their compatriots hit the dirt from the impact of a little 40 grain lead slug traveling (at that range) probably only about 800 fps. I picked out mostly the roosters, leaving a good number of egg-laying hens behind to promulgate the next generation, and easily potted my limit of these tasty little mini-chickens during the mid-afternoon before time for the deer to come in closer to dark.

Getting this Mannlicher tuned in as 7-8 weeks left for mature buck to get out of velvet and field prospect reports appear promising due to timely rains. Regrettably ammo choices are slim at the moment.
(trying to get the field conversation going pre-season)..... Sako Mannlicher range.jpg

Hi Mr. Hippie !
Good pics, I would like to see pics.like that in my little corner of the world. My son has meved my cameras but I am looking forward to seeing what tha.243 Frester may be looking at this fall. Rained so much I can't get in the fields to do any work ! Also looking forward to my 30/06 AV with 125 gr. Bal-tip can do this year with the new stock. Keep,well & all the best

B/T

Attachments

• IMG_5833.jpg
    IMG_5833.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
Oh Yum!
A delicious story indeed!
There can be no finer meal on this earth, than the elemental gifts of nature, fire and flesh. The satisfaction and savory bliss of fresh venison, which only hours before, a beast that would have much rather eluded once more, the hunter who now enjoys it.
Every year, It rises inside us, that irresistible desire to get out there. Enduring the cold, the rain, the snow..mostly with a smile. Just to be there..to be able to experience something more, or something again.
These four photos speak volumes for Sako’s in the field!
Thanks Deersako!

Hippie

Very poetic my friend. I am impressed. Where did you learn your way with words?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deersako
I have to ask what is in the dish with the lid? I zoomed in on it but I can’t make it out. Plus it makes me hungry if I stare too long

hippie

Looks like delicious blackberries, although some hate them as they have taken over chocking out native plants

Here Here!
I second Marlins inquiry! Chili jam sounds incredible!
G’day Old Hippie, misako50 (good to see you posting Mike) got it. It’s the good wife’s chilli jam.

You go 50!
Misako knows much, Speaks seldom and laughs a lot! I too, am very pleased to see him return!

Hippie

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy culinary arts Batman. I never thought I’d get recipes on the Sako Collectors Club! This is a full service forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got that right Daddy-o!
With hope .. I’ll be sitting at camp with my son , and some fresh backstrap , stirring up a cooker full of this yummy stuff in about 41-42 days!
I suppose I wouldn’t have wait that long for the Chilli Jam, but the backstrap will have to wait…

Hungry Hippie

Latest posts

Back