• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Reproduction Sako L and A series parts...

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi Tilleyman,
If the bits you become available I will take some action screws and an extractor for sure.
** are we able to get parts, lite the Forster action screws into Australia? Or do you have to have a B 709 import permit??
Thanks for great info....Jay

Hi Jay
I bought three sets of the Sako action screws as part of a custom die order from Forster a few years ago.
I didn't need a B709a to import to Australia then, not sure if there have been any changes to US export laws but as a simple screw they shouldn't be classed as firearm parts like a firing pin, bolt, barrel, receiver etc at least on the Australian side.

Last edited:
I have bought the Forster screws and found the curve across the head to be much flatter than the original Sako action screws. Also the Finnish is not as polished either, you can see turning rings in the head surface. May have been a bad batch, but that is what I have found, based on a small sample..

I have bought the Forster screws and found the curve across the head to be much flatter than the original Sako action screws. Also the Finnish is not as polished either, you can see turning rings in the head surface. May have been a bad batch, but that is what I have found, based on a small sample..
That's pretty much what I found too... can be refinished to match the gloss of your particular Sako model but if the originals are really buggered at least it gets the rifle back in action.

Forster Sako screws.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back