• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Thread now gone.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bigcountry4me

Sako-addicted
Maybe someone will help square me away.

Yesterday I was communicating with a new member about a GO Wholesale Sako. When I returned to the site later in the day the entire thread was gone/removed from the site. Wasn’t sure what to make of this?

I hope somehow I didn’t violate any rules. If so, then my apologies. The conversation was not argumentative or negative in any way. Is it possible the OP has the ability to delete an entire conversation?

Simply wanted to make sure I somehow was not out of bounds. Thanks much.

Maybe someone will help square me away.

Yesterday I was communicating with a new member about a GO Wholesale Sako. When I returned to the site later in the day the entire thread was gone/removed from the site. Wasn’t sure what to make of this?

I hope somehow I didn’t violate any rules. If so, then my apologies. The conversation was not argumentative or negative in any way. Is it possible the OP has the ability to delete an entire conversation?

Simply wanted to make sure I somehow was not out of bounds. Thanks much.
Welcome to the Twilight Zone

My reply disapeared on .243 loads page !? Sounds like "Mission Impossible show" This order will self destruct in 30 seconds ???

Last edited:
Jim.
While you are at it, please tell me how I can start a new thread. I would appreciate having that privilege. I have tried numerous times and find it impossible.
I have no problem posting replies to other posts or using the PM system. Thank you.
Sakojim.

Jim.
While you are at it, please tell me how I can start a new thread. I would appreciate having that privilege. I have tried numerous times and find it impossible.
I have no problem posting replies to other posts or using the PM system. Thank you.
Sakojim.
Hi Sakojim,

It’s very easy to start a new thread. Simply log in. Then pick an established topic and click on it. Near the top clic on “create a new thread”. Title it, and you on your way. Best to you.

Jim.
Sakojim.

Did it work for you Jim?

Give me some more info please, if it didn’t? Where do you want to start it? What hsppens etc.

Jim

Hello Jim and bigcountry4me.
I tried several times and just get an 'Error' sign in red when I type in a thread title. Is it possibly my computer is rejecting because of scam firewalls? So, I give up. Now I will ask one of you to start a new thread for me titled:
"Old SCA records". Explanation: Many decades ago I acquired numerous paperwork from a former SCA member along with several of his remaining Sako collection. Not being of importance to me at the time, I stored them.
In recent correspondence with another collector, I dug them up and find that there is evidence to settle (or cause more debate) concerning serial numbers, manufacture dates and club custom orders and other assorted information
including numerous Club news letters, copies of Finnmark and various correspondence between SCA club leaders and Sako factory personnel. As an example, I have numerous pictures and detailed descriptions of many Sako
custom one of a kind presentation and prototype rifles. I realize that most of this information is of importance only to serious Sako collectors.
I also realize that there are members of this club that may also have much more of these records than I have, so I am interested if there is any need for me to share them.
I have been enjoying Sakos since 1963 and at the ripe old age of near 90 I am inclined to share what I have with serious Sako lovers. (I cannot help but feel disagreement with those who customize collectible Sako rifles.)
Thank you. Sakojim.

Hello Jim and bigcountry4me.
I tried several times and just get an 'Error' sign in red when I type in a thread title. Is it possibly my computer is rejecting because of scam firewalls? So, I give up. Now I will ask one of you to start a new thread for me titled:
"Old SCA records". Explanation: Many decades ago I acquired numerous paperwork from a former SCA member along with several of his remaining Sako collection. Not being of importance to me at the time, I stored them.
In recent correspondence with another collector, I dug them up and find that there is evidence to settle (or cause more debate) concerning serial numbers, manufacture dates and club custom orders and other assorted information
including numerous Club news letters, copies of Finnmark and various correspondence between SCA club leaders and Sako factory personnel. As an example, I have numerous pictures and detailed descriptions of many Sako
custom one of a kind presentation and prototype rifles. I realize that most of this information is of importance only to serious Sako collectors.
I also realize that there are members of this club that may also have much more of these records than I have, so I am interested if there is any need for me to share them.
I have been enjoying Sakos since 1963 and at the ripe old age of near 90 I am inclined to share what I have with serious Sako lovers. (I cannot help but feel disagreement with those who customize collectible Sako rifles.)
Thank you. Sakojim.
New thread on your behalf. Take care.

Back