• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Fine Old Denver Redfields for Sale

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

stonecreek

SCC Secretary
SCC Board Member
Both scopes are now spoken for. THANKS!

I've come into possession of a couple of fine old Denver Redfields in excellent condition -- they both seem be perfect in mechanical and optical function and both are in very nice cosmetic condition with the traditional gloss finish. If you take them out in the sunlight you might be able to see some very faint ring marks, but that's it. These scopes are a great match for a contemporaneous Sako (or Browning or Weatherby, etc.) from the 1960's or 1970's.

The top one in the photos is a 4-12X with AO. Like scopes should, its AO can be locked in place (don't know why current scopes don't offer this feature). I think the objective lens is 38mm because the bell is just a little slimmer than most of this power, so it can be mounted nice and low in medium Sako or Leupold ringmounts. Fine plain crosshair. I have it listed on another site for $200 + $12 shipping, but will ship free to SCC members.

The scope shown on bottom is a Redfield 2-7X Widefield (TV-screen shaped ocular) which expands its horizontal field of view. It also has the Accurange reticle/ranging system. If you've been around for a while you'll know what this is. Its tube is longer than most recent scopes of its power so it will mount more easily on a long-action rifle. Another great companion for a rifle from the mid-20th Century. Asking $175 + $12 shipping, but again, shipped free if bought from this site.

Will deal on an offer for both. And, as with anything I might sell, just send it back for your money if you find something unsatisfactory. Start a PC with me to buy.

DSC00730 (1024x300).jpg
DSC00732 (1024x385).jpg
DSC00734 (1024x576).jpg
DSC00736 (1024x576).jpg
DSC00737 (1024x667).jpg

Latest posts

Back