• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako L691 Battue

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Chris B

I just picked up a L691 Battue in 7mm Magnum. It is hard to find information on this rifle because apparently they were imported a lot into the US. Does anyone have an info on this rifle? The apparently were only imported in 92’ and 93’. Any information is greatly appreciated.
575303321ad0ef6f024a086542904615.jpg

87439ae5727c341640ec8df84b1c0db1.jpg

af2b0c29e5fbd2de091c5e07f85433e9.jpg

311724379f7005ac8fa80574cdbfc8ca.jpg

f486c632530a501bd0cc4aa720b27092.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Battue" is French for "beaten", which refers to drives by beaters for game such as wild boar. The model features a short barrel for quick action, such as at running game or in close quarters like heavily wooded land. It was a short-lived model, like the others of the "91" series. Other than the barrel and the ramp sight it was pretty much identical to a standard Sako with a full-length barrel.

I don't keep up very closely with Sako's currently-produced rifles, but I think they now make a similar short-barreled rifle, just not under the name "Battue".

"Battue" is French for "beaten", which refers to drives by beaters for game such as wild boar. The model features a short barrel for quick action, such as at running game or in close quarters like heavily wooded land. It was a short-lived model, like the others of the "91" series. Other than the barrel and the ramp sight it was pretty much identical to a standard Sako with a full-length barrel.

I don't keep up very closely with Sako's currently-produced rifles, but I think they now make a similar short-barreled rifle, just not under the name "Battue".
FYI, Tikka is currently building the Battue in a T3 version. Similar barrel length and sight system. Haven’t seen an 85 version.

Do you know how many of these older ones made it to the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sako used to make a "Handy Carbine," which was more or less the same gun as the Battue except that it lacked the elevated rib. I'm not familiar with the current product line, so I don't know if they are still making such a rifle or not.

I think that the closest Model 85 now might be the Bavarian Carbine--a very nicely turned-out full stock model. It is available in many chamberings and has a 20-inch barrel, but lacks the raised quarter-rib. Its barrel length and overall length are identical to those of the Tikka T3x Battue.

gBhRB6b.png

Last edited:
Back