• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Advise - 375 H&H in AIV, AV or 75

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

dynnis

I have no real experience with the 375 H&H, but have the chance to buy one.
At the moment there are 3 rifles offered at nearly the same price, and in 3 different models.
AIV, AV and a 75.

Will the difference be noticable when it comes to accuracy and comfort?

Any advice is welcome.

The AIV was specifically made for the "Safari" rounds and has a "sow belly" in the stock at the magazine to allow the fourth round to be loaded. They also have the express sights & barrel band sling swivel of a true Safari rifle. The AIV is also much rarer. For me it would be an easy choice, get the AIV.

Actually, I think the Sako A-IV Safaris will hold five rounds down. And yes, the A-IV usually brings a price premium over the others. The A-IV will be a little heavier than the others, but that's not necessarily a bad thing with a .375.

Thank you for your advice. Then I'll try to request the IV. Luckily my carrying permit application was sent in two weeks ago, so then it's only 11 more weeks to go before I actually can call it mine:)

Luckily my carrying permit application was sent in two weeks ago, so then it's only 11 more weeks to go before I actually can call it mine:)
This reminds us how lucky we are to not have to deal with endless bureaucracy to buy an ordinary hunting rifle, and how it would be if certain of our politicians had our way.

And enjoy your Sako Safari! They are excellent rifles.

You are so right. Even without the covid we would have been waiting 8 - 10 weeks. In this computer based world it's a rediculous long time. We're all in the system, and they know what we have. If you're not a registred collector, and just a hunter like me I only can have 6 rifles. They will open it a bit in june/july so we can have 8.

If you're not a registred collector, and just a hunter like me I only can have 6 rifles. They will open it a bit in june/july so we can have 8.
While there are certainly some improvements in the way we regulate gun possession in the U.S. which could very well help prevent some instances of misuse, adopting the model of many European countries of limiting the number which a responsible person my own or possess would make no demonstrable difference in the instances or frequency of gun-related crimes. What misdeed is it that someone can do with 8 guns that they can't do with 6 -- or 60, for that matter?

I would guess that many Sako enthusiasts in the U.S. who participate on this forum own firearms numbering in the dozens. I would also guess that they keep those dozens of firearms securely out of the reach of children or criminals, whereas the more "casual" owner of one or two guns merely keeps his or her gun in a dresser drawer, a closet, or a car where it might easily fall into the wrong hands.

Unfortunatly did I not get the AIV. And the price was a steal. 1500 USD There was another person who had the permit ready, while I still need to wait for mine. But then I will try to get the AV one, if he wont get any bids for it. Price around 1250 USD. The only thing with this one is that I can't try it before I eventually buy it.

Attachments

• 423_529823974- 375 H&H.jpg
    423_529823974- 375 H&H.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 423_844556256- 375 H&H.jpg
    423_844556256- 375 H&H.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 423_1148988051 (1)- 375 H&H.jpg
    423_1148988051 (1)- 375 H&H.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 423_658642403- 375 H&H.jpg
    423_658642403- 375 H&H.jpg