• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

My Morning Coffee Just Got Better

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

A guy that I know made them. Here's his contact info.

His email is, [email protected] his phone number is402 470 1442

They cost $25 for 4, or $35 for 6, with $8.00 shipping.

Not sure what they are made of.... Slate???

The guy told me that they do absorb some water. And not to let them freeze if they do or they will crack.

Coasters that absorb water????? Polyurethane to the rescue!
Actually, a good coaster should be somewhat absorbent. Otherwise the water from condensation will run off onto the table underneath, negating the purpose of the coaster. That's why coasters are often made of cork. I have a set of coasters made of sandstone, with a cork base to keep them from marring the surface underneath. The porous sandstone absorbs condensation or spills, then quickly dries out. Sandstone coasters are a popular Arizona gift item, or a souvenir for snowbirds.

Another hazard is that a smooth, non-absorbent coaster can stick to the bottom of a wet glass and then fall on the floor or wherever.

I do have some impervious coasters, which I reserve for use with wine or other drinks where the glasses don't sweat much. I don't use them with beer served in a frozen mug or a well-iced gin and tonic.

Actually, a good coaster should be somewhat absorbent. Otherwise the water from condensation will run off onto the table underneath, negating the purpose of the coaster. That's why coasters are often made of cork. I have a set of coasters made of sandstone, with a cork base to keep them from marring the surface underneath. The porous sandstone absorbs condensation or spills, then quickly dries out. Sandstone coasters are a popular Arizona gift item, or a souvenir for snowbirds.

Another hazard is that a smooth, non-absorbent coaster can stick to the bottom of a wet glass and then fall on the floor or wherever.

I do have some impervious coasters, which I reserve for use with wine or other drinks where the glasses don't sweat much. I don't use them with beer served in a frozen mug or a well-iced gin and tonic.
So the Sako coasters look nice, but the white lettering isn't going to hold up if your glass sweats much.

Your coffee would taste even better if you drank it while wearing a Sako T Shirt!

39196b9f59e8f72c3169cb272927b914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back