• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Any interest in Finnish and Scandinavian hunting knives?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

L61R

SCC President
SCC Board Member
Hey all!

Through a friend I may have been given first dibs on a fairly large collection of Finnish and Scandinavian style hunting and fishing knives.

I have yet to go there and check it all out so I don’t know much about the collection yet more than they say it is ”vast” and I am told most are new and never used but some may have some handling marks. Apparantly the elderly owner bought most from old sporting goods stores and hunting stores when they shut down.

I wonder if there would be any interest among the membership to own a Finnish or Scandinavian hunting knife to go with your Sako when hunting?

Since I have so little info right now, I will just show some pics of similar knives. Pics are ”borrowed” from the great interwebs.

As for prices, I know too little to even make a guesstimate. Some of the knives are probably available in the US and elsewhere but I am given something of a ”promise” stating that prices will be ”competitive”.

But since it’s such a huge collection I must feel certain that I can get rid of at least a large chunk of it quite quickly, hence my question.

So if anyone is interested just make a short comment and post below.
I am asking around on other forums as well.

All the best!

Jim

98BD870D-F128-4699-A298-7FCFA376ECEC.jpeg 0AA17713-4A16-4779-ABCD-608751FBDB10.jpeg EC98FB32-44CA-4EF6-A784-1BA5D7805C8E.jpeg 45AB5725-F33C-4C81-A026-56F433489665.jpeg

Nope.......but my son might. I'll let him know.

BTW.....I thought of you , the other day, when I ran across my old Post Versilog. Lots of old memories..........

Nope.......but my son might. I'll let him know.

BTW.....I thought of you , the other day, when I ran across my old Post Versilog. Lots of old memories..........

Not sure I have one actually, good for you!

Jim

I probably would not be interested in hunting knives as I have many, including one Finnish custom blade I got at a craft market in Senate Square in Helsinki. I would, however, be very interested in a Finnish NCO knife. If I remember correctly, those were designed by Akseli Gallen-Kallela.

I had a nurse friend whose husband died. I ran into her at her garage sale where I bought boxes of hunting and shooting books. She asked if I knew about guns, I did. I helped her appraise 150 various firearms. She then showed me his knife collection. Over 600 of all manner of knives- most new in the box. I didn't know knives, but a sheriff deputy friend of mine did. He sold all on eBay and earned 10% commission. Most went to Japan. I didn't get any of them. They were above my pay grade at the time. Ruana's, a couple Morseth, gerbers of all types, EK's. So many. Her husband also had a sporting goods store and it was obvious. Good luck!

Back