• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako My new Bavarian 7 mm 08

• Thread starter Deleted member 14372
  • Start date

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

D

Deleted member 14372

Just picked it up. Haven’t even shot it. Fits me perfectly. I am 6’ 3” so longer LOP is great. Probably won’t put a scope on her. Stock puts my eye right behind iron sights.
2f2f8093c82fbdf6484e6ffe936a624b.jpg

a341c30d7ce15a4da4d8638f8039eb95.jpg

94a9a19db27c5c03fd87cc20e51a58e8.jpg

421b62bb56cd50a4acbf76f8cb4f1714.jpg

b3e41be9037259db258ce3e0817b1f25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice rifle! Be interesting to see how well it will shoot for you with the irons. My deteriorating eyesight makes a scope necessary for precision shooting. Still love shooting with iron sights, though...

Nice rifle! Be interesting to see how well it will shoot for you with the irons. My deteriorating eyesight makes a scope necessary for precision shooting. Still love shooting with iron sights, though...

I am heading to the range tomorrow. It has a cool adjustment on the front sight that cranks it up or down. Might try a peep sight on it too.

It shot well. Good enough for my white tail hunting. Hit the target at 100 yards. Can’t tell if it will shoot groups without a scope. Maybe later.

I haven't shot the model 85 but according to what I've heard they are very accurate. My AIs, S491 and 75 all shoot better than I can hold.

I ordered some scope rings. I’ll put a Leupold 2x7 on it and see how it shoots soon. It’s a very well made rifle. I am very happy with it. I find the action on my L61R to be better and smoother. Must be the bolt guide. But this Bavarian handles like it was made for me.

New Beretta “low” rings were too high. Sending them back. Found vintage low rings in great condition. 1/4” off dovetails instead of 3/8”. Should be perfect for my 2x7x32 Leupold.

Finally got low rings and a 1.5x4x24 leupold on it. Seems just right for Connecticut woods Whitetail hunting.
68d9b95306b95992425f6435a39a1d15.jpg

Looks terrific. How does the low scope mounting work with the iron sights? Do you pick up the sights in your scope view?
Beautiful rifle...

Nice!
The Bavarian is a gorgeous rifle! Modern Sako’s still keep the tradition of style and grace. The wood choices are still deep and rich with character.

With the low mounted optic, it will be quick and ready for that Buck on the run! Light and steady if he stops to give you a look!

7mm/08 is an excellent whitetail choice
Happy Hunting!

old hippie

On 1.5 -2.5 I can see the barrel but the thick post reticle kinda covers it up. At 3x it disappears. Snapper caps are just touching the scope on their way out of the action but they still eject. Might try twisting the scope counter clockwise to get the turret out of the way.

Well, it can’t use the low rings. Bolt shroud was scraping bottom of rear bell on the scope. She needs mediums. Damn.

Got a beautiful pair of mediums on EBay for $110. Matte finish matches the gun. I think the 1x4x24 suits this European gun. And the Walmart shoulder strap tops it off!
ef6c809d21139baf96ce96f862e25caa.jpg

5d084dd4e14c20e7b0cf321166013f4f.jpg

0fde17ac4cff993b4b3be983be76923c.jpg

I have to say that I seem to like the 1972 plain Garcia FinnBear a little more. I can see why these older guns are collected and loved. Interesting to juxtapose the old against the new.

Dude, yer Walmart kicks arse! Ours only has the ozark trail black web ones!

Very nice rifle!
Range report!

Old Hippie

Planning to shoot tomorrow.

71215046748b1852518c5c296e6078c9.jpg

This was at 50 yds. About 1 1/4 “ group. Not spectacular but I am not so great on the bench. I think it isn’t in love with the 150 gr Hornady rounds. This is fine by me.

c29bbd427dd401cf0ebcdb22bebc5352.jpg

The old plain Jane FinnBear held her own. Two pretty good groups. Trigger on her was better than the new 85.

Latest posts

Back