• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Information about my Sako L46 - 25-20

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hello everyone,

A few years ago i was given a Sako Vixen 25-20 (i believe its a L46). Since owning it I have shot it once and have cleaned it regularly when doing my other rifles but it rarely gets used because of the price of ammo (don't have time to reload). I was wondering how much it is worth and if it is something that someone would be interested in?

I would rather see it used and loved by someone, rather then sit dormant in my safe.

Thanks in advance,

Declan (Brisbane, QLD)

The L46 in .25-20 was never commercially imported to the U.S., so it would be very highly sought-after here. However, I can't begin to guess what the market for it in Australia might be. I'm sure some of our Aussie members will chime in with some suggestions.

Hello Sako Lovers,
I don't know how many Sako L46 - 6,3 X 33 R { .25 - 20 WCF } were imported into England UK, but I consider myself very lucky in owning one that was purchased at an auction in England during 2014. I have never seen another, and only less than £200 payed. I have shown the rifle on the 6,3 X 33 R thread. The rifle is in suberb original condition amd came out of production on 1st October 1949.
Blackjack

I have all kinds of.25-20, for my Winchester 92 Saddle ring carbine. I wonder how hard it would be to ship that to Canada?

Good Afternoon Sako People,
Can anyone recommend the Gun Powders for re - loading the .25 - 20 WCF cartridge. Thanks.
Blackjack

Good Afternoon Sako People,
Can anyone recommend the Gun Powders for re - loading the .25 - 20 WCF cartridge. Thanks.
Blackjack
Yes, I am looking for a L 46 in 25-20. I reload that round every week. The best all round load is 6 to 7 grams of IMR 4227 pushing a 82 to 86 gram lead cast bullet with an 18 hardness or a jacketed soft point bullet I both buy and make my own bullets. Stay safe,My loads all stay withling my fist at 100yrds with a KimberCustum and a 12x Leupold target scope. WD.

yes, I can, I reload both the 25/20 WCF and the 25/20 Single shot. Far too much info here for a little reply. Since every bullet takes a minimum and maximum charge and there are many cast and jacketed soft point bullets, I will just start you off with one load found in MODERN RELOADING SECOND EDITION, RICHARD LEE. PAGE 286.I make my own 83gr. cast bullets. and use 6 gr of IMR 4227. The very best advice I can give you us use the same gun every time. That way your firing chamber becomes your best resizing die. Only resize once-the first time you reload the shell casing. The more powder you use the the harder on your shell casings-everything. I can hit a tennis ball every time at 100 yards with that round that way every time using a Kimber with a 12x Leupold target scope. . You will find all the loads for all the bullets you will need to shoot in that book. Warren.

Latest posts

Back