• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

SAKO VL63 308 win and SAKO VII 308 win

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

dynnis

My two Sako's.

The Finnwolf, no 4807 with old Sako rings.
The AII is missing it front and rear sights, but I hope to find original ones.

I will not modify none of them for a suppressor IMG-1997.jpg IMG-1998.jpg

My other hunting rifles are Tikkas and both set up with suppressors.

Last edited:
Tore welcome to the site, and thank you for providing pictures of your fine guns. Hope you are able to track down the sights you need

The AII rifles were furnished with two different types of sights. Most of the ones sold in the US had Williams sights, which are still available from Williams. They are cataloged by barrel diameter and height, so you will have to do some measuring. The other style of sight, more common in Europe, is as shown in the photo below. You might be able to find a set in Norway, or get in touch with a large dealer in Helsinki and see if they can provide it.

AV-6.JPG

The AII rifles were furnished with two different types of sights. Most of the ones sold in the US had Williams sights, which are still available from Williams. They are cataloged by barrel diameter and height, so you will have to do some measuring. The other style of sight, more common in Europe, is as shown in the photo below. You might be able to find a set in Norway, or get in touch with a large dealer in Helsinki and see if they can provide it.

View attachment 21701
Thank you for the information. This will help me a lot.

Welcome to the SCC Forum! Norwegians are very welcome!!!

Your Finnwolf is a high serial number to have a 4 round belly magazine. Beautiful rifle! One of my favorite Sakos.

My heritage is Norwegian and Danish. My Norwegian ancestors are from Steinkjer in Trondelag.

Welcome to the SCC Forum! Norwegians are very welcome!!!

Your Finnwolf is a high serial number to have a 4 round belly magazine. Beautiful rifle! One of my favorite Sakos.

My heritage is Norwegian and Danish. My Norwegian ancestors are from Steinkjer in Trondelag.

Thank you very much!

Steinkjer is not far from me. I live in Trondheim, and Steinkjer is about 1 hour from here.

Yes. There are holes for sights.
Tore,
Welcome to the site having as many variables as a cat's ancestor. As to the sights you are seeking, I have 2 sets of the European version as shown above. If you exhaust all other searches you may consider.
Norwegian here, too. Mother born in Aalesund, Norway.

Stephen

Tore,
Welcome to the site having as many variables as a cat's ancestor. As to the sights you are seeking, I have 2 sets of the European version as shown above. If you exhaust all other searches you may consider.
Norwegian here, too. Mother born in Aalesund, Norway.

Stephen
Thank you Stephen!

Aalesund is a very nice town. With a very nice population. I love visiting the town.

Would you part with one pair of your sets?

Gorgeous rifles; I surmise .308 is very popular in Norway
Yes, 308 is very popular in Norway. 30-06 and 6.5x55 are still ahead. But 308's popularity is rising.
Specially among first time hunters it's a great caliber to start with. Recoil is not bad, and the price on hunting ammunition is ok. And for the game we have here it's an good all round caliber

Last edited:
Back