• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Model L469 222 magnum in a maple stock

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Many Sako stocks, especially the Deluxe models, can be mistaken for Maple by those not familiar with European or "French" Walnut. It is much lighter than American or Black Walnut. If your stock is actually Maple it did not come from the Sako factory & is an aftermarket stock. There are many photos here on the forum that show these stocks. If you peruse the forum you can see how blonde they are, especially the L46 & L469 Models. If you post pictures of your stock we can confirm what you have.

I just picked up my first Sako, L469, 450XX, in .222 Magnum, Bofors steel barrel. My stock looks like yours. The previous owner had sprayed some kind of sealer on it for protection! I'm having it professionally refinished. What I've seen of the original wood is absolutely gorgeous. The metal is nearly pristine, and the wood has only a few tiny dings. Not bad for a 60-year-old gun used in the field.

Any idea what the twist rate is? I tried running a patch through it, and the cleaning rod made about 1.5 revolutions, which would be 1/16", which sounds awfully slow. Will that stabilize 55 grain bullets?

Any suggestions for starting loads? I plan to take it on a rockchuck shoot in Idaho in May.

I thinking mine is a 1-14” twist. I haven’t worked up any loads for it yet but plan to this spring. I would be interested in some load suggestions myself.

Great! I've got WC846 (the surp equivalent of BL-C2) and some 40 gr bullets and will start there. Also have some XBR powder.

Back