• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Latest Prices: L46 Sold on GunBroker

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

icebear

Sako-addicted
This very nice looking L46 sold for $1465. What I found interesting is that it brought this price despite having ugly holes drilled in the bridges for Weaver mounts. The gun is otherwise in beautiful condition, but I'd have thought the holes would have pulled the value down by at least a couple of hundred. I had already decided I wasn't interested when the bidding was still around a thousand.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885374526

I see people are asking near $200 for those peep sights these days, but even $1265 seems higher than past experience would indicate. The market prices for all firearms appear to be climbing, so I might be behind the times a little.

There does seem to be an upward trend in at least some categories, especially collectible military and quasi-military firearms. FAL's and Finnish military items, to name two items I collect, have seen some major increases. At the same time I see a gap between prices in private transactions and on Gunbroker. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a like-new Walther PP Sport at a local gun show for $675, at least $2-300 less than it would have gone for on Gunbroker. On GB all it takes is two deep-pockets guys who "gotta have it" and it's off to the races.

You're right about the peep sight adding value, but I am still surprised that those extra holes didn't seem to have a major effect on the price of that Sako.

but I am still surprised that those extra holes didn't seem to have a major effect on the price of that Sako.
Me too, but it was in every other aspect a very nice piece. As a 222 Rem the L46 isn't all that "collectible", so a few screw plugs & scope mounts will make it barely noticeable to the average guy. Didn't seem to turn bidders off, but there are plenty of unmolested L46's out there that are very nice, as well, that I think would have been more preferable @ that price. Maybe it was just two bidders in a fight & not a true reflection of sales in general.

Latest posts

Back