• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako M995 trigger guard and trigger broken need information

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

SGO

Hello I am writing this for friend that is not web savvy.
The firearm is a Sako M995 in 300 Weatherby Magnum. it now has a broken trigger guard and trigger being the trigger guard is inset it looks like a new stock is needed however none available talked with McMillan today and they no longer make one for this gun. So a donor needs to be found pretty tough from the looks of things now for trigger looks like Jard makes a replacement.
Are there any other options for the repairs needed? A new stock seems out of reach with no metal bottoms available. Other wise this may get parted out any idea what the balance is worth?

Thank you

Joe

The trigger is easy. Use one from another Sako 1990 and later or from a Tikka (T3x preferably since there are a lot more of those)

Trigger guard is a different matter.

PTaG has got one:
http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/1445-sako-trg-2-piece-replacement-bottom-metal.html

And there is a Canadian company that has one as well.

Best of luck!

Edit:
Oh, by the way. The action fits in a KRG W3 if one of those is an option. Then its just a Tikka trigger that you need.

Thanks for the information. So it appears the bottom metal would need to be bedded into the existing stock or just drop in and screw together. Another issue I see is removal of the old plastic bottom any suggestions. This may be not be feasible on a $1000 rifle,

Triggers seem to be hard to come by other than the Jard or the pricey Tikka T3 triggers for $460

It's just a matter of removing the plastic of the original dbm. There are a few metal parts in there so use caution. Then bedding the new dbm in. You might opt for a pillar bedding while you're at it.

A used T3x trigger should not be that expensive or hard to find. Quite a few replace their stock with a Jard, Timney or whatever.

It appears to use the Pacific Tool bottom in the existing stock it will need some milling or inletting into the magwell area the new one looks much thicker than the old one

If I have Boyds stocks make a Tikka T3 stock will this fit the platform we have?

Thanks again

No, but maybe you could order a blind. The M995 action is about 20 mm longer than the Tikka so you might run out of space.

The action is also a bit bigger so you might run out of space in other dimensions as well.

Get an original stock, they are out there. A McMillan, they are still making them I think, direct replacement but you will need a new DBM. A Whiskey-3 from krg-ops.com. Or a used Sako TRG-42 stock, you will need a trigger and rail for this one though.

There are others, Pautac for one, but they are all tactical chassis systems and will cost you about $1500 and up.

Used old one is the cheapest option. There is a guy here that has lost his bolt, do a search, maybe you could come to an agreement?

Edit:

Here: https://www.sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/sako-m995-bolt.15688

Looks like this one will get parted out
What is the difference in the two triggers on with pressure plate and without I am assuming either one will work

The gun in question has one trigger only my question is what trigger to get if this gun is not parted out

Here are two triggers from Jard now with and without the pressure plate release

https://www.jardinc.com/sako
You should get a Tikka T3/T3x trigger. If the pull is too heavy for your liking, get a YoDave spring kit for $10 which makes it adjustable down to a couple of ounces.

Check the "for sale" here or on other shooting related sites.

whats with the pressure plate to include it or not to what is its significance ?

Also what do you think this can be parted out for value wise I will list it all here first

barrel very nice bolt trigger group with busted trigger and broken trigger guard on stock plus one magazine

Last edited:
What they chose to call pressure plate is only useful with Sako 75, 85 and A7. It's called magazine ejector by Sako. It's part of how the magazine attaches and detaches on those models. You will not need it on the M995.

Thanks for the assistance with this guys

The gun has been sold through this website via the messaging system as parts

Last edited:
Back