• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Fireball Boar

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Coleman Cowboy

I've been out before daylight the last couple of mornings hoping to cross paths with a coyote and get the chance to "blood" my little L461 Brux-barreled .221 Fireball. While the yodel dogs didn't choose to make an appearance, when this old bruiser wandered out of the brush and volunteered...well, I really couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Now many will say that the .221 isn't an adequate hog round, and I'll be the first to admit that the 40 grain Sierra Blitzking is a bit light-in-the-loafers for serious work on big boars...but stick one just under his ear and wonderful things can happen.

And now I've got a big, stinkin' hog carcass for coyote bait. Life is good.

Mark

g3fjQlOl.jpg

Nice shot! I have found it very difficult to place a precise"brain" shot on hogs because they just never stop moving long enough to be confident the aim point is going to be there when the bullet arrives. You couldn't have hit him in a better spot!!

I don't know if you've ever tried this trick, but I use it on deer as well as hogs: as they're traveling, I'll pick an opening that they'll cross and, just as they hit that spot, give a low whistle. They'll usually stop dead in their tracks for just a few seconds trying to figure out what they just heard...and by that time I've sent something special in their direction!

I've been out before daylight the last couple of mornings hoping to cross paths with a coyote and get the chance to "blood" my little L461 Brux-barreled .221 Fireball. While the yodel dogs didn't choose to make an appearance, when this old bruiser wandered out of the brush and volunteered...well, I really couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Now many will say that the .221 isn't an adequate hog round, and I'll be the first to admit that the 40 grain Sierra Blitzking is a bit light-in-the-loafers for serious work on big boars...but stick one just under his ear and wonderful things can happen.

Mark

g3fjQlOl.jpg

What/who's stock is that?

Thanks
Keith

Mark

g3fjQlOl.jpg
Fantastic! The drought has decimated the pigs where I am in Australia. Thanks for sharing the pics. Keeps the fire's burning!

Back