• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello, from south central Ohio.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Ross county Ohio here, Past owner of mid-1950's(I think) L46 222 and a three year affair with an A7 in 25-06. Got the itch for a PPC again, I am sure it is gonna hurt my wallet, but it's on my bucket list. Thanks in advance for any advice or tips. I had a mid -1990's adventure with a Ruger M77 VT in 220 Swift, the dealer did not want to order one in either PPC, so I compromised.

Welcome. I still have my Ruger M77 Varmint in .220 Swift and still love it. And the triple deuce has always been a favorite of mine and I have several, one is an L46 Deluxe. Hope you find the PPC you are looking for.

tripledeuce and 16b410, both of you are smarter than me, you kept your respective rifles. I always got the hankering for something new and would trade or sell and reinvest. Regrets in some ways, but the experiences of other combo's and calibers over the years have been enjoyable too. My goal now is to find and keep an impressively accurate, precise, low recoil rifle. I no longer shoot long range and my adventure into air rifle's this summer has opened my eyes to a different world of target and pest control fun. My frustration with the size of the kill zone on a starling led me to find a used Weihrauch HW 97 K. The wife finally encourages my fun, since the starlings were devouring her suet cakes within hours of refilling her feeders. The finches, bluejays and woodpeckers did not have a chance. How can a pellet rifle put five .177 pellets in the same hole at 25 yards, with my 66 year old eyes? Well I decided that the top notch precision of German craftsmanship and design combined with excellent quality control and a SIII scope got me there. Now my resolve is to duplicate that outfit in a manageable small caliber centerfire rifle. My analysis and initial thoughts took me to a 6BR or a 222. I already own a Savage 12 BVSS that is a sub MOA capable in 22-250. I see a Sako as a smoother action, sleeker lines, with the same or better quality as the Weihrauch. Deciding on the PPC, may become an expensive and time consuming task, but having discovered that Norma makes brass in 6mm PPC-USA is the key to my focus on that round. I am convinced that the PPC will take me to the next level in accuracy. Feel free to discuss or enlighten me further. Thanks. to both of you.

You are welcome BCH. I too will be at level 66 soon and retiring. My plans are to enjoy the many toys I have acquired over the years. My wife, bless her heart, bought me a Sako 6mmPPC "B" for Christmas and have not shot it much. As with all ammunition these days in short supply, 6ppc is even scarcer. My first Love is still the 222 Rem, a darling round that isn't choosy what you feed it to obtain sub MOA.

[QUOTE=" I too will be at level 66 soon and retiring. My plans are to enjoy the many toys I have acquired over the years.[/QUOTE] Good plan. I'm 66 and doing it right now. So many toys, so little time - left. :(. Good luck with the search for the tack driver cartridge.

Back