• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Stock Will an L691 stock fit an A3 Action?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Similar to my post yesterday (thank you to those who responded), I bought a virtually new AIII (.30-06) on an auction site. Stock was broken in shipment (don't ask me how the gun was packed by seller).
AS the action is literally unfired, I would like to complete purchase, but the negotiations (with seller and carrier) will begin tomorrow.

Wondering if an L691 stock will fit this action.

Also, wondering what should I budget for gunsmith fees to make fit 100%

Thanking you in advance.

6237D41D-EAF6-412B-9E77-119F159AA06A.jpeg
Similar to my post yesterday (thank you to those who responded), I bought a virtually new AIII (.30-06) on an auction site. Stock was broken in shipment (don't ask me how the gun was packed by seller).
AS the action is literally unfired, I would like to complete purchase, but the negotiations (with seller and carrier) will begin tomorrow.

Wondering if an L691 stock will fit this action.

Also, wondering what should I budget for gunsmith fees to make fit 100%

Thanking you in advance.
No the L691 front recoil block is a different design than L61R and A series. See photo showing inletting differences of the block and other differences. Top is AV I posted last night and bottom is L691 of same caliber to show differences. Again a good gunsmith is unlikely to attempt since as you can see the visual differences, not to mention dimensional differences. Suggest you keep looking for the correct stock and eBay is source that I have used for Sako parts and stocks when needed.

Thank you so much. I was literally just looking at photos of both stocks (on ebay no less) and came to the same conclusion. I appreciate your insight and assistance.

Back