• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Rodger Bell/Sako Source

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

CHAUCER

Perhaps, like me, you click on the Sako Source banner and look at Rodger Bell's latest offerings. Do not hesitate to buy from Rodger Bell. You will meet a most likeable chap, and you will be (correctly) impressed with his honesty and candor. If he is holding and describing a rifle to you, that will be what you get. I bought my first Sako 49 years ago, and, as closely as I can figure, I've owned over 120 Sakos--many of them bought first by phone, mail, and now on the internet. In that time I haven't seen it all, but I've seen enough to know that there are some real scoundrels out there. And shipping? I didn't add my horror story to the recent thread, but a beautiful (c. 1968) Sako varmint rifle came to me in Wyoming in April with the barrel sticking out of the side of the flimsy carton, and the stock split open from the forearm tip back to the floorplate, a large wedge of forearm in the bottom of the box, and a scope bent beyond repair--and that was from a major national sporting goods store. Rodger shipped my rifle wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a hardcase, inside a large substantial carton. It took an age for USPS to deliver it, and they tried their best to damage it, but the packaging was superb, and the rifle arrived in perfect condition. I thought you all might benefit from my experience. After dealing with Rodger Bell, I say God Bless Texas.

I'll add to the compliments. Rodger is great to deal with, honest, and fun to visit with. Bought several items from him. He is a friend I've never had the pleasure to meet in person.

Rodger's store is 250 miles from me, but I stop by as often as I can. The store itself is a treat -- old fashioned oiled wood floors, embossed metal ceiling, and stuff you just don't find at Wally World like cane fishing poles, Victor traps, reloading supplies, and of course, racks full of Sakos (and a few other nice guns). If you're ever nearby you simply must make a small detour to go see it before this kind of traditional general store has completely vanished.

Yep......Rodger is good people.

Last gun store like that.......that I was in.......was Mashburn Arms in Okla. City.................looooong ago.

What happened to the pic and the link to his site that used to be in the upper right hand corner of this site?

I recently bought a Sako from Rodger. Everything that he states on his web site, I found to be true. Could not do business with a better person! Wayne

Latest posts

Back