• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Worth? 1976 l461 .223 vixen

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how much a sako viken l461 with a 26" barrel is worth?
Please, Casey, no one is trying to low-ball the value of your rifle. There is only one photo you display which shows part of the area where the Sako factory markings would be, and they aren't there. This means your barrel is a replacement. It could just as well be 16" or 36" -- it makes no difference if it is not a genuine factory Sako barrel. Sakos with replacement barrels are worth whatever they will bring as shooters. They have no "collectible" value.

The original value guess by Kirk of $600 to $750 (for the bare rifle) is still ballpark, but think toward the lower end of that range since it has a non-Sako barrel. This is a sincere estimate, based on what you've shown us.

These markings?

Attachments

• AC649C07-CBCE-4A23-B321-47612EF5C749.jpeg
    AC649C07-CBCE-4A23-B321-47612EF5C749.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 0D6DF0AD-B139-42D3-81B4-7633E9A57A6C.jpeg
    0D6DF0AD-B139-42D3-81B4-7633E9A57A6C.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 51
  • FACD0947-4CBD-4D80-A76E-E77311E4B3E4.jpeg
    FACD0947-4CBD-4D80-A76E-E77311E4B3E4.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 50
hah you guys are funny.. You know how much a sako viken l461 with a 26" barrel is worth? ALOT more then you guys are telling me it is. I found this whole thing super funny. Thanks for the laughs.
Did you measure the barrel length from the bolt face? I make and sell leather revolver holsters, and quite often people don't understand how to correctly measure the length of a revolver barrel. A rifle barrel can also be a bit hard to measure

If i measured from the bolt to the end of the barrel it would have been 33”
Make sure the bolt is closed. The put a cleaning rod into the muzzle until it stops at the bolt face. Mark the rod at the end of the muzzle and measure. Casey, I have no dog in the fight, your rifle is a shooter and has been accurately valued at $600-750. You’ve asked for opinions and the folks here have been honest, some are having a little fun at your expense. Take care.

These markings?
Counting the three pictures in this quoted post, you have posted a total of 28. Not a single one of them shows the rifle in it's entirety. Wouldn't a picture of the whole rifle or at least the whole barrel with a tape measure next to it showing it's length settle things. There is no need to insult & ridicule people that are trying to make an honest assessment. Just be up front & PROVE what you say. I've been fiddlin' with guns for over 50 years & have NEVER seen a 26" barreled L461, so if your's indeed has a 26" barrel I would be delighted if you could find it possible to actually show it to us.

Casey came here hoping to find acknowledgement to a pre-conceived notion about a rifle to which he has an arbitrary value attached. No agreements to his value, of which I am one, and we are all unworthy of his presence here.

I don’t own as many Sakos as some here, but my taste in Sako rifles wouldn’t allow me to own that rifle even if it was worth $5,000.00.

With poor pictures and poorer attitude, it is time Casey takes his ball and goes home.

This has been a good post!!!
I hope I don’t have to pay entertainment tax
You can take a horse to water—————
Jay

Hello Casey,

The blokes & Ladies on this site are " The Salt Of The Earth " and are honest and true. We are like " A Band Of Brothers " with mountains of very valid information & advise on Sako rifles ". Please be more curtious and considerate. I know the truth hurts at times. Stay Safe!

Blackjack AKA Mike The Limey

In a mere 8 posts Casey has managed to lie, deceive, trick, insult, ridicule, & laugh at the members of this forum & then top it off with vulgarity. He evidently enjoys being a complete jerk as he said it was "well worth it". Strange how sick, perverted minds work. I doubt he will get any responses to any future posts, but a ban would insure that!

Reactions: FLT
In a mere 8 posts Casey has managed to lie, deceive, trick, insult, ridicule, & laugh at the members of this forum & then top it off with vulgarity. He evidently enjoys being a complete jerk as he said it was "well worth it". Strange how sick, perverted minds work. I doubt he will get any responses to any future posts, but a ban would insure that!
Hah. No. I never did these things. I really do have a gun as described but it was fun watching people say that I didn’t because Im not proving it. Ban me if you want. I have no use for these forums as no one knows the price of my gun so the only thing I can go on is an appraisal from 3 years ago. Thanks anyways.

Hah. No. I never did these things. I really do have a gun as described but it was fun watching people say that I didn’t because Im not proving it. Ban me if you want. I have no use for these forums as no one knows the price of my gun so the only thing I can go on is an appraisal from 3 years ago. Thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back