• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New member from New Zealand

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

cookie

Hi all
I from the north island in New Zealand and at the moment I'm using a Sako Carbon light .260.
I've had a number of sako rifles over the years and a few Tikka.
I do love the 6.5 Cal for a hunting rifle and have been a reloader for many years.
I'm mainly hunting deer which we can do all year round, I'm looking forward to joining in.

Cheers cookie

Hi cookie, Welcome aboard glad to have you join in. Can you tell us a little about the Presidents gun ban; such as exceptions, number of guns you can own, etc. Be careful and stay safe. Wayne

Hi cookie, Welcome aboard glad to have you join in. Can you tell us a little about the Presidents gun ban; such as exceptions, number of guns you can own, etc. Be careful and stay safe. Wayne
Hi Wayne
No semi auto center fires at all and only 10 round mags in .22 and 5 shots in shot guns.
It really sucks for guys that used to do 3 gun matches, I have only ever had bolt action rifle so I didn't effect me that much.
I'm sure it is just the start of things.
You can get an exemption for a semi if you run a pet control business but I'm sure it's alot of paper work involved.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Welcome cookie!!

Interesting to learn more about gun laws and hunting from the Southern Hemisphere!!

Too bad such restrictions is forced upon you! They are trying hard up here in Sweden to make it harder to obtain licenses for semiautos but it’s still possible.

Magazines are another thing they want to limit but we are good so far. One reason for not having licenses is that it would make tens of thousands people criminals over night.

Anyways, good to have another Kiwi onboard! Enjoy SCC!!

Jim

Hello Jim,

Here in the UK one has to have a valid reason for every firearm owned. Every bullet/cartridge has to be under lock & key. If one had a suprise visit from the Police and just a single .22 rimfire was found not locked up, you would have your FAC { Fire Arms Certificate } revoked with a stiff rap across the knuckles. On the other hand with shot guns one can have as many cartridges as you wont, and they do not have to be locked up, although shot guns have to be. " Oh to be in England "

Blackjack

Hi Jim,
Can you message me, as for some reason I can't reply to your sights for sale etc etc.
BJ

Back