• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Found Dead From Blovid 22

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Interesting juxtaposition of the Zeiss scopes on the two newer rifles versus the Balvar Eights on the two L46's. The old Bausch and Lomb scopes still do the job.

The tapered crosshairs on my Balvar 8A's are just great. Super fine in the middle and your eye just seems to be drawn to it. Can't find anything like it now.

The tapered crosshairs on my Balvar 8A's are just great.
The Balvar on my rifle-length L579 Mannlicher has tapered crosshairs and it's one of my favorite scopes. A similar one is the so-called "Leupold Dot," a tapered crosshair with a dot in the middle. I don't even know if Leupold makes it any more, but years ago I had them put one in a 12x for me, and it's now on my heavy barrel .222 Mag Sako. 308-2.JPG

Years ago......got an O'Brien rifle, that came with a Leupold 7.5X w/tapered cross-hair......in Conetrol mounts/rings. Nice scope.

Then there's the nice Sako 222mag. HB with a Canjar single-set trigger, that I bought a few years ago from a Sako board friend. It came with a Balvar 2-8X in great shape......with a tapered cross-hair....in Kuharsky mounts/rings. Before my friend.....someone had "red" loctited the base to the receiver. I had to literally hack-saw the base, length-wise, off of the receiver. Don't want to have to do that again!! I replaced the Kuharsky set-up with Leupold Adjusto mounts/rings. Looks great!

I replaced the Kuharsky set-up with Leupold Adjusto mounts/rings.
Good move! The Leupold Adjusto sits much lower than the Kuharsky and puts the scope down at natural eye level.

Most of us who aren't Medicare age don't know that the first Weaver variables had non-moving reticles. The Weaver adjustable mount for their variables looked like something that Rube Goldberg might have imagined in a nightmare. Who is Rube Goldberg, you ask? You must be younger than the A-series!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back