• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Help Please

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Dej24u

Hello from Ohio USA
So I have a Sako but have no idea what model it is or when it was made and would very much like to get as much info about it as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Dave

Attachments

• 41A49E2C-F347-43C7-9869-BD21C7A70EFB.jpeg
    41A49E2C-F347-43C7-9869-BD21C7A70EFB.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 33
  • 6657AC17-F22D-419E-8AB0-E06E388190C9.jpeg
    6657AC17-F22D-419E-8AB0-E06E388190C9.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 28
  • D5F88FF5-32E3-4B3D-A32D-8C3F37ED27BE.jpeg
    D5F88FF5-32E3-4B3D-A32D-8C3F37ED27BE.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 9307D987-67A9-4055-A1ED-15A31D26927F.jpeg
    9307D987-67A9-4055-A1ED-15A31D26927F.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 29
What you have is Sako deluxe in 300 Win mag with an enomonstrous recoil pad that someone added to the butt. It was before they made the hideous model 75 with the ugly proboscis sticking out of the back of the 75 bolt. A very nice gun other than the recoil pad...

Hello from Ohio USA
So I have a Sako but have no idea what model it is or when it was made and would very much like to get as much info about it as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Dave
Can’t say the exact year but it’s a Deluxe 75. Production from 97-06. The V indicates action length. 75’s were not marked with the model number. It has an internal magazine with a hinged Deluxe floor plate. A few other 75 models had the hinged floor plate as well. The standard models had a removable magazine, like the current 85’s

The pad is obviously an aftermarket replacement. Unfortunately not a very good choice. Someone must have been recoil sensitive or needed the extra length.

Last edited:
Can’t say the exact year but it’s a Deluxe 75. Production from 97-06. The V indicates action length. 75’s were not marked with the model number. It has an internal magazine with a hinged Deluxe floor plate. A few other 75 models had the hinged floor plate as well. The standard models had a removable magazine, like the current 85’s

The pad is obviously an aftermarket replacement. Unfortunately not a very good choice. Someone must have been recoil sensitive or needed the extra length.

Any idea where I can find the original style pad. I’ve come up short everywhere I’ve checked.

There’s some “original style” pads available on eBay from the ********** for $129.99, or you can buy direct from the ********** website. I have not purchased anything from them.

$129.99 is triple the cost of a nice Decelerator or similar pad. There are a few that are a close resemblance of an original. A lot of folks prefer going this route rather than paying out that kind of money for a reproduction. You’ll also need to have any pad properly fitted at an extra cost.

Get a Pachmayr F325 Deluxe in brown (without white line) from Midway for $29.99. It is grind to fit and looks like OEM sans the Sako on the end of the butt pad.

Not sure about that 75 but these do match the L61's. Does that 75 have the red pad like the AV?

Get a Pachmayr F325 Deluxe in brown (without white line) from Midway for $29.99. It is grind to fit and looks like OEM sans the Sako on the end of the butt pad.

Not sure about that 75 but these do match the L61's. Does that 75 have the red pad like the AV?
You are correct, the 75 Deluxe would have had a red pad with a black spacer, but those are non existent these days. I agree, the pad you suggested is a good option. As we know, about the only way to purchase a pad which says Sako is to pay that ridiculous price.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back