• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Newbie Here

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Have six Sako rifles, but only just now found this site. My favorite among the six is the Battue 375 H&H. You'd be surprised how many Griz and Wildebeests daily molest the streets on my California beach community. But this isn't a hunting rifle; in that caliber with a 19 1/2" barrel, it's a look into the abyss and feel your mortality rifle. Anyway, I am looking to buy another Battue in .308 that I can actually use, so if anyone would like to sell theirs, please do let me know. FYI, I am a two-tour Vietnam Marine Corps veteran (0353). Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself.

That 375 H&H is a pipsqueak next to the M50, but at least the M50 was "recoiless". Did you drive, load, or pull the trigger? I think they scrapped them all out in 73 or 74, didn't they? Welcome aboard!

That 375 H&H is a pipsqueak next to the M50, but at least the M50 was "recoiless". Did you drive, load, or pull the trigger? I think they scrapped them all out in 73 or 74, didn't they? Welcome aboard!
Thanks for your reply. Load and drove first tour, trigger the second (Tet '68). I left Vietnam last time and discharge after six years in June, 1968. I heard the Corps retired the ONTOS in 1969, but not sure.

I looked it up. Officially "decommissioned" in 73. One nasty "rifle" for sure!! I didn't see any in country in 73, but we started pulling everything by then.

I haven't seen a Battue model Sako in a long time, but I'll keep my eyes open for one for you. You might try a "want to by" ad in our trade corner section. Could be one of our members has one in the closet.

Back