• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Please help with this receiver

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Dutchman

I am picking up a new to me FW and I needed some help from the brilliant minds that make up this forum. Upon reviewing the pictures, there is no base on the receiver and I am seeing 2 holes in the front top and 3 holes to the rear. The furthest hole to the stock does not have a screw in it.

So a total of 5 screws on the top of the receiver and one screw is missing?

Is this correct? Did I buy a toad?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Wolf receiver.jpg
    Wolf receiver.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 35
Dutchman no your gun is fine 3 holes for the rear mount is not uncommon. I have examples of 3 different varistions of mounts for the rear I included a picture.

Attachments

• Scope Base Rear Variations.JPG
    Scope Base Rear Variations.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 26
Marlin thanks for the reply. This is a .308 and I am wondering what would be the best bases to get. Do you know where I can source them?

The Sako Tapered Dovetail bases to attach to the Finnwolf receiver so that original Sako ringmounts can be used are exceedingly difficult to come by. Bases for the Winchester 88 interchange with the Finnwolf and the most available are the one-piece turn-in style base by Redfield or the two-piece cross-lock style by Weaver.

The best to me are the tapered bases - but there are many other options. I started a conversation with you

Thanks, I see what you are saying about the difficulty in getting the original dovetail bases. My first choice is to pay the premium and keep her original. If anyone has any to sell or can offer some online places to contact as a source I would be grateful.

Check your conversstions
top right of the screen click on Dutchman a drop down will appear
select conversations

Latest posts

Back