• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

T3 Tikka Hunter T3X Fluted - scope base selection

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi
I am new in the forum and just ordered and new Tikka Hunter T3X Fluted.
I want to be able to change scopes using a Quick Release system.
I will be using a 4-16X44 Vortex HST and a Burris Fastfire 3 red dot.
The Burris comes with a picatinny/weaver base. I do not have yet a base and rings for the Vortex.

I am looking for advise from members on what base and quick release systems you have used successfully on a Tikka T3X without having to zero again after each scope / sight removal
I wish to avoid a full length rail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi
I am new in the forum and just ordered and new Tikka Hunter T3X Fluted.
I want to be able to change scopes using a Quick Release system.
I will be using a 4-16X44 Vortex HST and a Burris Fastfire 3 red dot.
The Burris comes with a picatinny/weaver base. I do not have yet a base and rings for the Vortex.

I am looking for advise from members on what base and quick release systems you have used successfully on a Tikka T3X without having to zero again after each scope / sight removal
I wish to avoid a full length rail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best advice I’d give is: to use a full rail like a Warne Mountain Tech for Tikka. Reason: if you use a two piece system then your Burris Fast Fire will only mount in two fixed locations. This might not be ideal. A rail offers much more flexibility, regarding the position of the optic. Warne does make two piece pic bases for Tikka as well.

I’d use Warne QD rings on the rifle scope. They are available in 30 MM. This offers similar flexibility on the rail, regarding spacing etc., although it is perhaps less important as the scope can be drawn forward or backwards within the ringmounts to deal with eye relief.

There are several other brands available, but I find Warne to be top notch. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Quail Hunter,

I have two Tikka T3 SuperLite rifles with SS fluted barrels. I use Leupold Quick Release (QR) rings and bases. Leupold says there is no more than 1/2 MOA POI deviation removing and remounting a scope using their QR system. I have found this to be true. You will not have to re-zero. The Leupold QR rings and bases are superb examples of precise CNC machining and I highly recommend them. I also use QRs on most of my Sako rifles, which allows me to swap my Leupold scopes between rifles without re-zeroing if I previously have recorded the scope’s sight-in settings for that other rifle.

Welcome to the SCC Forum!

Last edited:
Hi all, I am new as well. I use Leupold QR bases and have had no issues. Eye relief is great and they zero in every time. In fact, I take the scope off for travel and pop it on when heading into the field. Never an issue.

Back