• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Countdown on The Sako Website

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I did sign up to get in on the first leg. My bet is that it will be another chassis type rifle. On the line of the TRG but at a third of the cost. SIG has their new one out now, the CROSS, and it seems most other manufacturers are heading or have headed in that direction one way or another. Base chassis stocks are now available too for other actions. I have to add that I am not a chassis type guy. To me a bolt rifle does not belong in an AR type platform. Too old school I guess...

I did sign up to get in on the first leg. My bet is that it will be another chassis type rifle. On the line of the TRG but at a third of the cost. SIG has their new one out now, the CROSS, and it seems most other manufacturers are heading or have headed in that direction one way or another. Base chassis stocks are now available too for other actions. I have to add that I am not a chassis type guy. To me a bolt rifle does not belong in an AR type platform. Too old school I guess...

I think that you are one the right tracks. Tacticool rifles have been gaining popularity in recent years. Still I put my hopes on something like straight pull action or semiauto (highly unlikely to happen) hunting rifle. Beretta has already semiautomatic rifles in their lineup but no straight pull. Other hand Tikka TAC a1 have been somewhat successful product, but it would feel counter productive to make competitor for their Tikka line products (like sako a7).

Well, since we're coming up on Sako's 100th anniversary year, I think we can expect something particularly interesting. Just as the 75 was introduced in 1996 or 97 and the 85 in 2006. So maybe a Sako Model 100. Could be:

1. a revision of the basic Sako 85 action or

2. a new design that locks up in the barrel and allows for barrel-swapping.

Option 1 would be more of an evolutionary step, rather than something really new, and so I'm betting that it won't be dramatic enough for Year 100. I'm leaning towards Option 2. It is seen in several newer rifles, like the Schultz & Larsen along with the Blasers, but I think it would appeal more to European shooters than to those in North America. I'd be surprised to see a straight-pull rifle, although there are several of those available now from Blaser, Merkel, Heym, and Browning.

Watched the video. "The first true hybrid rifle." Modular...plastic...couldn't be less impressed.:(

Last edited:
Watched the video. "The first true hybrid rifle." Modular...plastic...couldn't be less impressed.:(
All the modern marketing trends. Hybrid+modular+composite+"aircraft grade" aluminium+modular+hybrid... They should have added selfie camera, bluetooth and some glitter on it also... maybe the reality is that these plastic guns will bring more cash flow and European markets are steering away from semiauto sporting rifles...

EuroOptic lists them at $1600-1700 depending on configuration. Of course they’re not (back ordered) available yet. Lower in price than I expected. Not for me personally, but when compared to other similar systems it’s not too bad. The problem I see going forward is future support, which we all know sucks.

The site says interchangeable bolt heads, could that mean switchbarrel in the future? No calibers or specs listed at all. So far the only thing I see that I like is the fluted/threaded barrel. Can't stand a magazine that is not flush with the bottom of the gun, and it looks as though the five round is below. I have a few tupperware pieces with barrels on them but still prefer wood.

The site says interchangeable bolt heads, could that mean switchbarrel in the future?...Can't stand a magazine that is not flush with the bottom of the gun, and it looks as though the five round is below.
I didn't see that about the interchangeable bolt head, but they do tout an interchangeable bolt handle (not a particularly exciting feature).

The appearance of the barreled-action doesn't seem to suggest that barrel-swapping is in the cards. Most switch-barrel actions have transverse bolts on the bottom of the receiver ring--like the Sako Quad. The S20 appears to have a typical threaded barrel/receiver joint.

Agree completely about the magazine protruding below the stock line--giving it a military or tactical vibe. Aesthetically a turnoff for traditional gun owners, but also of practical importance, making it less comfortable when carrying the rifle un-slung in the field.

Last edited:
You are right, it did say bolt handle. I thought I heard bolt head because when he is talking about it a picture of the bolt pops up.

I, for one, am a bit enthusiastic about this rifle. I see it as the successor to the M995/TRG-S. A rifle that, when presented in -92, didn't cause much fuzz but is well sought after today.
I also believe the name is derived from TRG-S 2.0 -> TRG-S 2.0 -> S20.

The bolt looks to be the same as on the TRG M10 and the aluminium bedding block is a legacy from the TRG.

Two faults, or it would have been perfect. First, a continuous picatinny rail. Second, a barrel nut construction for easy barrel replacement.

I guess most of you would add a third fault, a nice stock made of wood. But the 85 is still in production, so you will have to wait a year or two for a replacement... ;)

Back