• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New Guy AV advice

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi all-First post here. I just acquired a like new .270 AV Sako. The trigger pull is way light at less than 1 pound and I'm trying to find a manual that explains adjusting it. I went to the Sako site looking for a PDF of the original manual and can't seem to find a match to my AV....On the barrel of mine it says SAKO AV. I see no mention of AV's on the Sako site. Is it the same as a L61R Finbear? Mine's a .270serial #660457. Please help me identify it and point me toward a manual or how to increase trigger pull. Thanks!

Welcome The first thing we would need is to see some good pictures of your trigger in order to identify it as it could be one if a few options. Once we have the pictures I am sure adjustment help can be provided. If it is the Sako #4 trigger lots of info can be found here but could be a Tikka style or even a 3rd party replacement.

Last edited:
It says Finland on it so I imagine it's the original trigger. Would the allen head set screw that appears to be pretty far out need to be screwed in to increase pull? Thanks. Also-is the AV and L61R Finbear one in the same? Can't find a manual for the AV.....

Attachments

• _DSC4010.JPG
    _DSC4010.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 24
The AV is the same as the L61R except it has a rear bolt shroud & the rear tang is about 1/4" longer. The later AV's from 1990 until they ceased production had the Tikka trigger & not the Sako #4. Your serial number indicates your's probably has the Tikka trigger, but we won't know for sure without pics. Either way, neither trigger was designed to go below 2# safely. Oops! Just saw your pic. It's the Tikka trigger. I know nothing about them, so maybe others that do can help.

Use a 2.5mm allen key - Turn the screw at the front above the mounting screw clockwise to increase the weight or counterclockwise to decrease it.

According to instructions I found online, the Allen screw in front of the trigger mechanism is, indeed, the adjuster for trigger pull weight. Screw is in (clockwise) to increase trigger pull until you have it at a safe level (I would say 2.5-3#). The screw on the gun in the photo appears to be backed way out compared to photos of an as-issued Tikka trigger, which is consistent with a too-light pull. According to Tikka, the sear engagement is set at the factory and the Allen screw is the only user adjustment.

Thanks one and all. I screwed it in until I got about 2.5 pounds. Feels great! Now on to mounting scope and firing some reload tests. Hope it's a tack driver.

Latest posts

Back