• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako L579 "Foreser" .243 & .308 Detachable Magazines

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

dcp_0020-3.jpg

what i see in pic is a sako A2 5 shot magazine this is what iam looking for
sako A2 serial number 366184

You can still order the Tikka M-55 magazines threw any stoeger dealer, they run around $150-175 Canadian dollars! Sold 3 or 4 at the gunshop I work part time at her in Canada!

I just bought one of the 308 detachable box mag rifles marked as an AI series, I believe these were an Canadian option, alot of stuff was sent to test the market he in the north, then just stopped as it did not do well. I know the gun I bought was purchased new in 1986-87 for my friends daughter. barrel is around 22" real weird system to detach the magazine! Another friend has been a Sako dealer since the late 1970's and he told me a fellow in Southern part of Ontario Canada, made a clip conversion at night at his day job.My gunsmith friend use to sell and install these conversions in the mid 1980's, cheers Dale Z in Canada!

could you give me gunsmith telephone number and name iam looking for a2 magazine maybe he can build one for me

Hey Mike,
My 1987 Shooter's Bible, lists the L579 (AII) Hunter in .243, 7mm-08 and .308, with detachable magazine were available as a special order only. I have never seen one. I have two, new in the plastic bag, aftermarket magazines that I have no idea what they will fit. The printed adhesive tag on the bag reads, "NUMBER 1589F, Make - Sako/Tikka, 22/250/243/308, 3 RD, Single Stack". Bar code on the bottom. Looking at the exploded view provided by Woodman, my magazines look very similar to the one depicted.
Will

Hello Sako Friends,
Can any one tell me if they have an exploded-view or brochure of the L579 "Forester" in .243 Win or .308 Win calibre rifle with the detachable-box magazine? These L579 rifles were offered with a detachable box magazine during the 1970's & 1980's.
I wrote to Sako Finland who informed me that they had the detachable box magazine parts in their store, but I would have to order through my importer GMK. When I telephoned GMK they said that Sako did not have any of the above parts in store. So I hit a brick wall once again!
If any one out there has one of these L579's with the detachable box magazines, can you please post some photographs. In my 1970's Sako brochure, the d.b m. were only offered in .243 Win & ,308 Win calibres. My brochure has not got a photograph of rifles with the d.b.m. Also did any gun smith in the U.S.A. ever offer this option?
Regards Blackjack AKA Mike {The Limey}

i have the a2 action 243 which is same as L579 but nine was a 5 shot clip which stuck out a bit and i have the boxing but need clip which they say 243 308 22 250 all interchangeable if all you need is the boxing that shouldnt be hard too make with a break at machine shop
if any one has these removable magazines for sale please contact me and if you want too sell that 243 magizine let me know
i have the a2 gun if need pics

Last edited:
how do i go about finding this 5 shot clip in 243
who do i get in contact with my action is a2 but supposed to be same as L597

Hey Mike,
My 1987 Shooter's Bible, lists the L579 (AII) Hunter in .243, 7mm-08 and .308, with detachable magazine were available as a special order only. I have never seen one. I have two, new in the plastic bag, aftermarket magazines that I have no idea what they will fit. The printed adhesive tag on the bag reads, "NUMBER 1589F, Make - Sako/Tikka, 22/250/243/308, 3 RD, Single Stack". Bar code on the bottom. Looking at the exploded view provided by Woodman, my magazines look very similar to the one depicted.
Will

Hello All,
Just picked up at an internet auction yesterday, for a $20 Canadian bid, a clip for an L579 243 or 308. I have both.
Pic attached, if I can figure out how.
It seems to have all the bits and pieces (when compared to the pic earlier in this string) but something may be missing.
This clip will not fit a Bofors era gun (my three Sakos are Bofors) without installing a new trigger arch, whatever that is.
I am unlikely to use this, but for twenty bucks worth having it as a Sako L579 artifact.

Cheers. 49005451_1s.jpg

Hello All,
Just picked up at an internet auction yesterday, for a $20 Canadian bid, a clip for an L579 243 or 308. I have both.
Pic attached, if I can figure out how.
It seems to have all the bits and pieces (when compared to the pic earlier in this string) but something may be missing.
This clip will not fit a Bofors era gun (my three Sakos are Bofors) without installing a new trigger arch, whatever that is.
I am unlikely to use this, but for twenty bucks worth having it as a Sako L579 artifact.

Cheers.View attachment 30316
Hi cat9,

Messaged you about this magazine, would be really interested in making a deal for it to complete a gun that has sorely needed one for a LONG time!

Cheers

Back