• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Mannlicher Sako L46 7x33 Mannlicher

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Sweet!

I just love the L46 and especially the Mannlicher versions.

I have one in Hornet but it’s a little later than yours.

Have you taken it to the range yet?

Jim

Sweet!

I just love the L46 and especially the Mannlicher versions.

I have one in Hornet but it’s a little later than yours.

Have you taken it to the range yet?

Jim
I have not taken it to the range yet, but i will test it some day. It would be interesting to see how accurate it is. Yes this is early one with birch stock.

I have not taken it to the range yet, but i will test it some day. It would be interesting to see how accurate it is. Yes this is early one with birch stock.

LH safety and all! Very nice indeed!

I wish Sako could build a new version of it but that is possibly not going to happen in my lifetime. But miracles do happen they say!

Jim

here's mine......purchased from a fellow member here on the forum, who purchased it from a fellow member here on the forum. Yes, this one has changed hands several times and is now a part of my herd, and I'm not sure how it got stateside.

DeerGoose

Attachments

• IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1790.JPG
    IMG_1790.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1792.JPG
    IMG_1792.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 59
any one know what the hole on top of the action is meant to do ? have only seen one other down here in aust with it.?

any one know what the hole on top of the action is meant to do ? have only seen one other down here in aust with it.?

It’s been suggested that it was part of the milling process of the early rifles.
The few left wing safeties that have passed through my hands have all had it.

Great rare rifle you have Goose!
Old, rare, and in great condition. Just how I like them. Thanks for showing us.

WTF....looks like a truck ran over it. Man, what a stroke of bad luck. I had the same thing happen to a Voere Shikar that I had bought online.....I had insurance on it and the Postal Service did eventually pay the claim.

DeerGoose

What a cryin’ shame. Are you going to attempt a repair? I guess I wasn’t clear if this recently happened in shipping (maybe you have a claim going). I’m sure you have a guy to repair it, but if you don’t I’d at least evaluate it and do it for you, as a courtesy. It looks like a clean break and it’s obviously a light caliber, so I feel it might be serviceable.

Back