• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Is This Deluxe Overpriced

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I have 2 75 deluxes and I don't like much of the newer stuff, but these are nice guns. One is a 17 Remington, the other a 300 Weatherby. I know the 17 Remington is very rare, I have seen other 300's, but few with this type of bolt and not the ugly bolt with the proboscis sticking out the back. I got the 300, new, many years ago for $1100.00 and the 17 I got recently, although it wasn't cheap, it wasn't $3500.00 either...

IMG_1563.JPG IMG_1565.JPG thumbnail_IMG_3794.jpg thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg

I think the owner is in love with it much more than any buyers are. Like most stuff on Gunbroken & Guns Irrational it gets listed time and again but no one bids. I'd say it's about a grand or more overpriced, considering the scope & rings are worth $500. Who knows maybe a collectors market is emerging for 75 Deluxes & I'm the one who's crazy!! Will be interesting to watch. It's not as pretty as Kirk's!

Last edited:
I think the owner is in love with it much more than any buyers are. Like most stuff on Gunbroken & Guns Irrational it gets listed time and again but no one bids. I'd say it's about a grand or more overpriced, considering the scope & rings are worth $500. Who knows maybe a collectors market is emerging for 75 Deluxes & I'm the one who's crazy!! Will be interesting watch. It's not as pretty as Kirk's!
Another thing to consider is, this rifle is a consignment, and obviously the seller is not an advised expert regarding Sako. I’m guessing the seller is factoring in Gunbroker’s fee along with his own consignment fee. My guess is 30%, so for argument sake, if the price of the bare gun is $2900. (Less $500. for the scope) then factor 30% commission you’d have $2030. - for the bare rifle. In my opinion $2000. is still a bit high based on the description, but it gets it closer to reality. The owner and the seller seemed to have floated a trial balloon without really understanding the market.

Last edited:
Offers like this one (and about three quarters of the rest of those on Gunbroker) just take up space. I've never understood why someone would bother to advertise something which is never going to get a bid and leave the hopelessly overpriced item rolling over on Gunbroker for weeks and months. Maybe the ads are actually coded messages from Al Kinda or Ices or the Airheaded Brotherhood.

Offers like this one (and about three quarters of the rest of those on Gunbroker) just take up space. I've never understood why someone would bother to advertise something which is never going to get a bid and leave the hopelessly overpriced item rolling over on Gunbroker for weeks and months. Maybe the ads are actually coded messages from Al Kinda or Ices or the Airheaded Brotherhood.

True, you look at the completed auctions the vast majority get no bids.

Latest posts

Back