• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

An Early Christmas

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Now that is just fantastic!

.244 in a pristine one-piece Mannlicher!? Easier to find hens teeth every day of the week!!

I guess Santa was happy with your behaviour over the last year @Rocky ? Coming early and all that?;)

Thanks for sharing! I am in awe!

Jim

Thanks for the kind comments guys. And yes, I don't think that I'll be shooting the ammo, it's hard find now a days.

Congratulations! For the record 244 and 6mm Remington case speciations are exactly the same , but 6mm cases aren’t all that common any more either.

I own or have owned four Sako .244's (none of them a Mannlicher, however!) and all of them would shoot 6mm Remington 100 grain Coreloct ammunition quite accurately. I wouldn't worry about running out of ammunition for your outstanding L579. I would, however, swap the high rings for mediums to get the scope down where it should be.

Forgot to mention: The half-moon magazine release, the grooved bolt shroud, and the full length barrel make it EXTRA special. Not to mention its pristine-appearing condition.

Last edited:
No, he just needs a set of medium rings. That Leo that is on there is a very fine scope. Shoot and enjoy. The 7 X 57 Mauser is the actual parent case. A great round in itself.

Congratulations! For the record 244 and 6mm Remington case speciations are exactly the same , but 6mm cases aren’t all that common any more either.
Thanks for the kind comments guys. And yes, I don't think that I'll be shooting the ammo, it's hard find now a days.
Rock, I just bought 200 Hornady brass a few weeks ago and checked a few minutes ago and more still available. Checked another site and some Winchester was available. Dies are available also.

Nice gun, seems those beans and corn crops had some good yields this year!

The .244/ 6mm Remington is a favorite caliber of mine. Get some 100 gr. Speer grand slams and you are good to go. Varmints? 70 gr. Ballistic tips. Congrats, beautiful rifle!

Thanks again guys for the complements on the rifle.

I have some Federal 6mm with 80 grain bullets. This ammo shoots really well in my other 244. But even this load is not available anymore.

The crops were good this year but the prices are terrible. The deal with China really needs to get done.

And yes, I'm in search of some vintage Sako medium scope rings. I like to have the scope as low as it can go and still able to function the bolt.

Latest posts

Back