• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L61R 375

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Well good news. I purchased the rifle and hopefully within 2-3 months my license will be here... Hold thumbs.

@stonecreek, I took out the bolt when I visited the dealer the last time and the bolt only has two lugs. You mentioned that is should have 3. Was mine manufactured in a transition era between the 2-3 lugs?

Well good news. I purchased the rifle and hopefully within 2-3 months my license will be here... Hold thumbs.

@stonecreek, I took out the bolt when I visited the dealer the last time and the bolt only has two lugs. You mentioned that is should have 3. Was mine manufactured in a transition era between the 2-3 lugs?
The "third" lug stone is referring to is at the rear of the bolt, on the bottom, just forward of the bolt handle. It is an extra "safety" lug & fits in a recess cut in the bottom of the action. The front of the bolt has the conventional opposed two lug design. It was deemed unnecessary & dropped as a design feature on the later L series Sakos. The Model 85 has three front lugs that most people think of when they hear "3-lug bolt".

The "third" lug stone is referring to is at the rear of the bolt, on the bottom, just forward of the bolt handle. It is an extra "safety" lug & fits in a recess cut in the bottom of the action. The front of the bolt has the conventional opposed two lug design. It was deemed unnecessary & dropped as a design feature on the later L series Sakos. The Model 85 has three front lugs that most people think of when they hear "3-lug bolt".
Thanks for the clarification paulsonconstruction. The 85 is exactly why got confused. Nice to have such experts willing share knowledge.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply posts. Appreciate the time and knowledge shared by all. Sure I will enjoy my Sako 375. Will post some picks when she comes home...

Great news. My newest baby is home. Just one question: Is this stock varnished or really well polished? Looks a little too glossy for polish? I really like my newer version stock on my L61 270 and 243.

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_213914.jpg
    IMG_20191017_213914.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20191017_213940.jpg
    IMG_20191017_213940.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20191017_213954.jpg
    IMG_20191017_213954.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20191017_214001.jpg
    IMG_20191017_214001.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 54
Nice. And with the pushbutton rear site! Very rare to see a deluxe .375 w/ the rear site over here stateside. thanks for sharing!

DeerGoose

Great news. My newest baby is home. Just one question: Is this stock varnished or really well polished? Looks a little too glossy for polish? I really like my newer version stock on my L61 270 and 243.
Completely agree with Paulson, glad it’s now yours.

A full three month wait for your government to decide to allow you to purchase?
Just another reason to not amend the 2nd amendment to our Constitution !!

Beautiful rifle - you done good.
Thank you. Yes, I agree. Most Sako's are beautiful.

I was lucky. Most people wait 4-6 months.

Sako refers to its glossy finish as "Lakka" (lacquer). Whether that is a traditional product or some kind of synthetic resin like polyurethane, I do not know, but "Lakka" is the word you see on Sako boxes. The alternative is "Öljy" (oil).

Sako refers to its glossy finish as "Lakka" (lacquer). Whether that is a traditional product or some kind of synthetic resin like polyurethane, I do not know, but "Lakka" is the word you see on Sako boxes. The alternative is "Öljy" (oil).
I agree

Koeni,
Great Rifle in great calibre for where you are?
Maybe I’m seeing things??? I hope you are not using a multi piece cleaning rod?
A rifle of that quality or any Sako for that matter deserves a one piece rod....
Keep us posted with any hunting experiences in the future, enjoy.
Jay

Lacquer, as used here in the US, is predominantly for cabinets & fine furniture and has very poor wear resistance properties. If used on a gunstock it would wear through very quickly & give very poor weather protection to the stock. My opinion of the word "Lakka", although it translates to "lacquer", is that it is used by Sako to denote the gloss or shiny finish, while "Oljy" is used to describe the satin finish that looks like oil, but is actually a sprayed on faux oil finish. Sako was using the same type of "poly" finishes as Browning & other gun makers of that time. If you have ever stripped the finish on a gloss finished Sako you will know with certainty it is NOT lacquer, but rather a tough synthetic product of some kind. If it was lacquer you could peel it off with your fingernail! My late 80's AI has the "Oljy" finish, but it is NOT an oil finish by any stretch of the imagination, but some type of spray on product that gives the "look" of an oil finish. Just my personal observations from refinishing a few Sako stocks.

Back