• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako AVlll Help

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

cdavidc

I am new to Sako my present rifles a Winchesters and older Rugers.I am looking buy this online. They said it was a Sako AVlll 25-06.Based on the pictures they sent me what do you think would be a fair price I live in Canada. I am quite excited about buying my first Sako. 20190925_172917.jpg 20190925_172923.jpg 20190925_172937.jpg 20190925_173035.jpg 20190925_173040.jpg 20190925_173102.jpg 20190925_200124.jpg

There is no such thing as an AVIII. It can only be an AIII or an AV. Based on the solid red recoil pad, I'd say it's an AV. They were made from 1981 to 1991. It is the standard sporter & appears to have seen little use. The rings are Millets & have the adapters that allow them to clamp directly to the action dovetails. With the Leupold scope it should make a fine hunting rifle. It's value is based on a host of factors, but boils down to what a willing seller & a willing buyer agree to. You can find a range of "asking" prices on the gun auction sale sites.

There is no such thing as an AVIII. It can only be an AIII or an AV. Based on the solid red recoil pad, I'd say it's an AV. They were made from 1981 to 1991. It is the standard sporter & appears to have seen little use. The rings are Millets & have the adapters that allow them to clamp directly to the action dovetails. With the Leupold scope it should make a fine hunting rifle. It's value is based on a host of factors, but boils down to what a willing seller & a willing buyer agree to. You can find a range of "asking" prices on the gun auction sale sites.
thanks

A "fair" price for a rifle varies tremendously from country to country, and even varies from place to place within a country. It is often dependent on the caliber, which may be more or less in demand in a certain place (a .22-250 isn't very good for Alaskan bears and a .416 Rem isn't very good for Texas whitetails.)

It seems that the .25-06 is one of the faster sellers in a Sako and may bring a bit of a premium over more common calibers. As paulson says, the rifle looks in excellent condition and its Leupold scope is a good match for such a hunting rifle. In the U.S. that package would probably sell somewhere north of $1,000 USD. That is what, about $1,300 CDN? It could be worth more or less, but I would consider that figure a reasonable ballpark.

A "fair" price for a rifle varies tremendously from country to country, and even varies from place to place within a country. It is often dependent on the caliber, which may be more or less in demand in a certain place (a .22-250 isn't very good for Alaskan bears and a .416 Rem isn't very good for Texas whitetails.)

It seems that the .25-06 is one of the faster sellers in a Sako and may bring a bit of a premium over more common calibers. As paulson says, the rifle looks in excellent condition and its Leupold scope is a good match for such a hunting rifle. In the U.S. that package would probably sell somewhere north of $1,000 USD. That is what, about $1,300 CDN? It could be worth more or less, but I would consider that figure a reasonable ballpark.
Agree.

Latest posts

Back