• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako P94S

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

This one is a Sako P94S Varmint. Just rifle ams two mags. Condition is 99% . $900.00 total is fair? What is the very best way to scope P94s ? Which ringmounts are ideal?

Last edited:
Timothy: Be sure to eat the pie before shooting the plates!

AP: Yes, the P94 is a fine shooter with a very robust action for a rimfire. As far as price, that is solely up to the buyer as to how much it is worth to him, but I doubt finding one for too much less money. I like the Millett rimfire mounts since they are windage adjustable and all steel. I have them on my P94 sporter. Both Leupold and Burris rimfire rings are nice, too.

stonecreek, I would never neglect a pie. If you seen my belly, you'd know why! HA :(:) As for your Millet rings, I have a set but don't use them. "Got them in a trade" I tried mounting once but was afraid I would get the scope in a bind.

AP, in my first photo I am using Talley rings for 11 mm dovetail. In the next two I am using Burris Signature series rings but in the middle photo I am using J&P Delrin adapters made for 11 mm dovetail and to be used with Burris rings only.

IMO, to my eyeballs, these Talley rings are the nicest looking.

0719190927a.jpg
These J&P adapters are extremely tight fitting on both the dovetail and rings.
0813191918d.jpg

Here are BKL style rings for a 11 mm or 3/8" dovetail. BKL rings are very versatile, besides being able to use on both size dovetails they also can be used on a curved dovetail such as this Kimber Star Grade 82G or the Anschutz style or the flat style like the Sako. Also a really useful feature is if you remove the bolt you can insert from the other side and use as a spreader to easily get the rings off and on a tight dovetail. I had to do this when I tested my Walther Sportmodell. Also shown on the Walther are BKL adapters to mount either a Weaver or Picatinny style rings. You really have a lot of options.

0209191538b.jpg

In this Walthers case, I needed the extra height to clear the rear sight and the high bolt lift.

0302191556_HDR.jpg

This is a test setup to check accuracy only. To make this work with what I had on hand, I used the BKL adapter/riser, Seekins rings with a 30mm to 1" ring reducer.

0302191553.jpg

Here is a close up on the UTG adapters with Burris Sig rings being used on my Sako M78.

0704192039a.jpg

Like I said, you have a lot of options.

I also think with the extra mag and 99%, $900 wouldn't be out of the question. I'm looking for a Varmint version if you decide not to buy the rifle can you put me in contact with the seller?

Cooy. Thank You. A lot of good info. Since thise rifles are not made anymore, how is parts and service? Who would be able to service them if need be?

I will be examining the rifle this weekend. Where should I look for cracked receiver? Also, how much torgue is needed on two action screws when I put it back together?

ap, parts are a hit or miss, it really depends on what you need. Best places I have found to look for parts are Brownells https://www.brownells.com/ and MidWest Gun works https://www.midwestgunworks.com.

Examine for cracks all over but pay special attention to the two areas in red. For action screw torque value I used 20 in/lbs. Some may say different and that's fine too, I just use 20 for everything and it works for me.

0815192348b1.jpg

Thank You very much. I heard of cracked receivers in clamping area (?). Where is that located ? Cant figure out where to look for cracked receiver. I am also trying to figure out , is SAKO made rings specifically for P94S

Last edited:
Can't help with the cracked receiver question. Sako has their name on some rings but it's for their centerfire rifles. I don't know of any Sako brand rimfire rings.

Some people say that receivers often have crackes in some thin area. This one does not. Very interesting about the ringmounts. So SAKO never made specific ringmounts for P94S. If $ is not a consideration, what companies currently make best ringmounts for P94S?

While I have never seen nor heard of any, it is possible I guess that someone like Talley made rings for Sako with Sako name on them. I have seen Winchester and Browning rings made by Talley and rebranded but no Sako.

As for the best ring mounts, "best" is very subjective and depends on the person and his requirements/needs. For companies who make a 11mm dovetail ring I would take a look at "in no particular order" Talley, Burris, Weaver, BKL and Warne. Warne makes a nice set of quick detach rings. If you decide to use an adapter like the ones I mention above you could use the many available Weaver or Picatinny style rings. Also if you decided to use a full length rail mount DIP "Diversified Innovative Products" makes a great one. I have used several of their bases for different rifles.

At this time I believe all three P94S are equal to my 1712 but not sure about the 1710 XLR or the 1813. It would be close for the two Range models but I would want more time with them and do some head to head shooting on my IR50/50 targets.

You have seen the Sako's but here are the Anschutz I'm talking about.

1712 7-28-19.jpg

1710 XLR 7-28-19.jpg

1813 7-28-19.jpg

Very nice !!! How about older ( late 1990's) 64 MPR compared to P94S Varmint model? ( both rifles being totally stock )

Back