• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Action Lengths of the Various Sako 85 Actions

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

South Pender

Does anyone know the actual action lengths (in mm. or inches) of the 6 Sako 85 actions? I'm trying to determine what scopes will work (with respect to ring spacing) with the differing action lengths. The designations that Sako uses are XS, S, M, SM, L, and XL.

Last edited:
I guess the most useful measurement would be the length from end of the rear dovetail to the beginning of the front. IE the ejection port opening. Here's what I found: XS 57, S 74, SM 74, M 85, L 94, XL 94 millimeters. It's funny how in the promo pictures all 6 receivers are different lengths. Somebody has taken little bit of artistic license.

I guess the most useful measurement would be the length from end of the rear dovetail to the beginning of the front. IE the ejection port opening. Here's what I found: XS 57, S 74, SM 74, M 85, L 94, XL 94 millimeters. It's funny how in the promo pictures all 6 receivers are different lengths. Somebody has taken little bit of artistic license.
Thanks for that P04R. Is the attached picture the one you're referring to? I wonder whether the lengths of the receiver ring and bridge are the same for all action lengths (with only the ejection ports differing in length)? Hard to tell from the picture attached, where it looks as if all but the XS receiver ring and bridge lengths might be the same.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-19_9-46-13.png
    upload_2019-6-19_9-46-13.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 24
That's the picture, though I remember seeing one where the step up is perfectly equal for all six. I might remember wrong.

Looks like the rear bridge varies in length but I'm pretty sure the rear dovetail is always the same since the optilock basemount always covers the whole dovetail. Front dovetails are all the same with the exception of XS.

That's the picture, though I remember seeing one where the step up is perfectly equal for all six. I might remember wrong.

Looks like the rear bridge varies in length but I'm pretty sure the rear dovetail is always the same since the optilock basemount always covers the whole dovetail. Front dovetails are all the same with the exception of XS.
Yes, I think you're right. The rear tang may be a bit longer on the L and XL actions, but the length of the dovetail appears to be pretty similar for all but maybe the XS action.

Are the magazines different sizes to match the actions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back