• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

6mm ppc Sako Varmint S491

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Waiting for some police-work.
How long does it usually take to get approval to take possession of a rifle? Is the process very complicated?

By the way, in late April of 2017 I took the train from Oslo to Bergen. What a great trip and what a beautiful country! And at half price for oldsters like me the best bargain in the world.

Hi Stonecreek! If I'm unlucky it can take up to 3 months waiting for the police-work. So I gave half of the money to the seller now and rest when all the papers are ok. The seller keeps the rifle until all is ok.
Not so complicated,but I need to prove that I have the hunting-exam and have a gun-licens.
Good to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Norway! Next time you must test the browntrout-fishing in the southern mountains! Resized_20180519_112642_175070615023340.jpg Resized_20180510_104156_175396332794107.jpeg

Hey, that looks like a Helle with those trout. I bought one at a fishing store in Bergen while I was there and gave it to my son.

Congrats on a lovely Sako. Please update us on your 6 PPC S491 accuracy once you get some range time in. I have the same model in a 22 PPC, but not as good condition. I'm not getting much load work done the last while but my 22 PPC has shot in the .3's and am hoping to find a load that will do that consistently.

Last edited:
Hi!
Your Sako in 6 mm PPC brings back memories. When Sako first began making these rifles I bought one new with 10 + boxes of Sako ammo
I found mine accurate to 200 yds +
Used it for deer (farmer friend had a permit to harvest) and I was invited to help him.
Quickly found the rifle could kill a deer when point of aim was correct. However a slight mis-judgment could easily just wound. We did not lose any deer, but I decided that a larger caliber would be better for deer.
Mine was a single shot.
Yours looks very nice
Jim

Hi!
Your Sako in 6 mm PPC brings back memories. When Sako first began making these rifles I bought one new with 10 + boxes of Sako ammo
I found mine accurate to 200 yds +
Used it for deer (farmer friend had a permit to harvest) and I was invited to help him.
Quickly found the rifle could kill a deer when point of aim was correct. However a slight mis-judgment could easily just wound. We did not lose any deer, but I decided that a larger caliber would be better for deer.
Mine was a single shot.
Yours looks very nice
Jim
Do you remember what kind of bullet you used? Here in Norway I can use the rifle on max roedeer-size deere.

Hi (hej) Norway.375

Drillingmons from Danmark.
Anything new, about your 6mm. PPC?
Hei Mogens!
Not anything "seriously". I tested it one evening at my friends farm. Found it very easy to shoot. 10 mm/100 meters is no problem. And some metal-targets at 300 meters was easy (20x20 cm). Just holding a litle bit over. Best rifle I have for long-range hunting. 20190705_084103.jpg

Latest posts

Back