• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

My Sako PPCs

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

RifleNutPPC

Here are a couple of pics of my two 22 PPCs and one 6mm PPC. Top is the Vixen single shot HB in 22 PPC. This has been my dream rifle for 30 years, just recently acquired it. Center is the Vixen Hunter in 6 PPC, and on the bottom is the S491 22 PPC. Top rifle has a 23 year old 6.5x20 Nikon scope, the Hunter has a Leopold 3x9 Rifleman, and the S491 has a new Nikon 6.5x20
I used the 22s on a recent prairie dog hunt, my first time hunting them, and they performed very well. It took some time to get used to shooting in the South Dakota wind, which was so strong and gusty it blew everything away that wasn't staked down. 20190608_141456 (2).jpg 20190608_141525.jpg

Thanks! Yes it is. I haven't touched the adjustments; the previous owner did a great job. Does anyone know if any of the S491s have adjustable triggers? This one doesn't and is too heavy for really precise shooting.

Last edited:
Nice! I have the same AI's. I still haven't shot the .22 ppc. Previous owner did though.
I wasn't able to do much load development with the A1, but it shot pretty well 20190609_195943.jpg 20190609_200025.jpg with the load I had ready for the S491. Here are the first 2 groups I shot with it after I got it sighted in.

Thanks! Yes it is. I haven't touched the adjustments; the previous owner did a great job. Does anyone know if any of the S491s have adjustable triggers? This one doesn't and is too heavy for really precise shooting.

I have never seen a need to replace a Sako trigger. They may be hard to get to pull under 3 pounds, but I have found that is good enough for my shooting. The single shot PPC's, however, have the best trigger you could ask for in a rifle and they adjust to a set trigger with the proper adjustment.

I did the same as you and got a few PPC's, but I looked a bit before I could come up with both the 22 and 6mm in deluxes as well as the single shots...

thumbnail_IMG_6667.jpg

Yes they are. I'm not sure of all the differing characteristics between the Deluxe and the Hunter but some of them are: Skip line checkering, Rosewood fore end tip, and engraved floor plate. There's also another grade, I believe it's called Super Deluxe. (If I have it wrong, someone straighten me out) They have carved oak leaves mingled with the skip line checkering, more engraving, and probably much more. They look too nice to shoot!

RifleNutPPC I forgot to mention if you want the best trigger money can buy for your S491 you can purchase a Bix'n Andy. These are currently very popular with the BR crowd and can be adjusted down to a couple Oz.

Pete

Back