• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L461 single shot help

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I'am in need of a stock for a l461 single shot. The barreled action has a heavy hart barrel on it as it sets. The trigger guard is the long type that connect both action screws. Can other trigger guards be use. I'am new to sako l461 so I need a little help finding a stock.
Thanks for any help I can get. Just need to be turned in the right direction
Shooter6ppc

I'am in need of a stock for a l461 single shot. The barreled action has a heavy hart barrel on it as it sets. The trigger guard is the long type that connect both action screws. Can other trigger guards be use. I'am new to sako l461 so I need a little help finding a stock.
Thanks for any help I can get. Just need to be turned in the right direction
Shooter6ppc

Boyd's Stocks makes stocks inletted for the Sako AI (A Roman numeral one), which is the same inletting as a L461. Their Pro-Varmint style may be suited well for your heavy barrel. Final fitting & some barrel channel work will be required in most cases. Your custom barrel is probably not going to match Boyd's. I have a Pro Varmint on my 6.5 Grendel target rifle. Base price is around $150, but there are lots of options like adjustable cheek piece, different recoil pads, LOP, wood type & color, checkering, laser engraving, etc. I've worked with several & they are made well & are very serviceable stocks @ an affordable price. Their Prairie Hunter & the fully adjustable ADT stocks are two others I have experience with & would suggest you look at as well. Stock style options are more limited for the AI for some reason, but you still should find one that works for you. Good Luck.

If you actually have an L461 Single Shot Receiver I would not change it out or convert it to a magazine rifle. Check out my post on the board concerning these rarities......

I think I found a rare one. L461 Single Shot 17-222 Custom

The Sako single shot L461 receiver is somewhat of a rarity.

rick

Rick brings up a good point, which I didn't consider, about it being a single shot action. The bottom metal is different than the standard hinged floor plate, so work to fill the stock in that area would be required. Using any of the epoxy bedding compounds would work. Though not cosmetically perfect, it would give you a usable stock. Finding a stock perfectly inletted for the single shot may be near impossible.

Here's a pic of my L461 single-shot action, that I inletted into a Sako AI PPC stock. It turned out pretty well.

edit: It's a PPC-BR stock.

Hope this helps.

triggerguard
11i2sye.jpg

bedding

28in4bd.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking job Kevin. Shooter should be able to come up with an A1 stock on Ebay or another site in short order.

Rick

I guess I should have mentioned the interesting "thing" that made this plan come together.

The Sako PPC-BR stock's front action screw escutcheon has the same radius of curvature as the front of the L461's single-shot trigger guard "plate". For that matter, it's the same curvature as the front of repeater L461 bottom metal.

With all that said, I just carefully traced around the plate, held with action bedding guide pins, and inletted it to the stock. Everything came out very clean.

The end result.....my 17-222 PD rifle, that later had a Canjar s/s trigger installed.
2r5g6qg.jpg

I have an A1 PPC single shot heavy barrel Walnut stock in excellent condition for sale. PM me if you're interested

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well just too tell you the truth the l461 deal I had fell thru so I don't have a rifle for it but thank you very much for the offer

Back