• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 7x33

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bucksako

Hi guys, I have just purchased a L46 7x33 serial is 4 digit number 4xxx, it has the left hand swing safety. It is missing the iron sights I have an old barrel out of a later L46 .222 and wonder if the sights are the same? I am not sure if the 7x33 barrel is an original and would love to see a photo of an similar model barrel markings. IMG_0124.jpg IMG_0124.jpg

bucksako, welcome. . you join several other members here from your home state. what part do you hale from ?
your 7x33 barrel looks original. my 2 7x33,s rear sites are graduated to 300m, your 222r barrel may well be a little different. sako rear site graduations can be all over the shop.
susanna

That looks like an original barrel to me going by the profile. Looks like one of the 3’s has been over stamped at the factory though.
Are you just missing the rear ladder sight insert ? The early 7x33 ladder sights were graded from 75m-300m, the .222 to 500m.
I see your from Grafton, Grafton NSW ?

81B41C54-DC39-45B7-B727-2072E555CCCE.jpeg

bucksako, welcome. . you join several other members here from your home state. what part do you hale from ?
your 7x33 barrel looks original. my 2 7x33,s rear sites are graduated to 300m, your 222r barrel may well be a little different. sako rear site graduations can be all over the shop.
susanna

Hi deersako, the base is in tact, I am missing the ladder but the complete front sight is missing as well, looks like the solder has let go. The .222 barrel that I have has a front sight on it but is missing the hood.
Thanks for the photo of the sights.

Hi deersako, the base is in tact, I am missing the ladder but the complete front sight is missing as well, looks like the solder has let go. The .222 barrel that I have has a front sight on it but is missing the hood.
Thanks for the photo of the sights.

Hi Bucksako, if your .222 barrel is off an L46, the front ramp and blade should work with your 7x33. After market replica hoods are available if you need one.
The first lot of L46 front ramps weren’t grooved for a hood from what I can gather, these rifles would have been in the 3 digits though.

Here’s a link to an excellent thread started by the club President, L61R -

https://sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/early-l46-showdown.6904/

Hi deersako, thanks for the reply and the link to the great information from L61, great to have such knowable people on the this forum.

Back