• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

I've been bitten

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

OldIronMan

Hello,
My name is Mark and I'm from Michigan. I've been a firearm enthusiast for a while, 40+ years. I like vintage and some of the Sakos fit right into my liking.

I took up a friends invitation last October to hunt with him in Scotland for red tag. I had to use his firearm, a Tikka TX3 chambered in .243 Two days and two stag later, I was hooked. I know own 3 Sakos, 2 of which I've been shooting paper and the third I'm working on the optics portion of it.

I lurked here for a while before joining, then lurked some more. It's obvious this group is full of talent. I hope that some day I'll be able to share some knowledge as well.

Thanks for letting me play in your sandbox !

Welcome OldIronMan.
The body of knowledge here is something special and the members are willing to share that knowledge.
I spent many summers in the UP near Marquette and we had family that lived near White Pine.
My uncle worked for the Iron mine near there and when ever I see "Iron" and "Michigan" I remember my summers up north.
Do you hail from the UP?
Enjoy the bite and know that we share your affliction.
Kindest regards and welcome.
Kax

Thanks Kax ! I don't hail from the UP but I went to college up there. First time frost biting my ears it was -34F walking home from work at 1 am, no hat like a stubborn college kid lol. I've hunted lost of snowshoes up there and provided blood for the black flies. I've yet to see Pictured Rocks but it's on my bucket list.

Welcome OldIronMan. What do you mean by Pictured Rocks? I've fished (my second vice) many times in Canada about 100 miles north of International Falls and the guides were always pointing out stacks of rocks telling us what they mean. Does this have anything to do with Pictured Rocks?

This summer will be 55 years vacationing "Up North" on Lake Bellaire. I'll put the pictured rocks back on my bucket list. Have you been to Short's? Welcome to the forum.

Lathoto, I have not been to Shorts. Curious what that is. My school was in Sault Saint Marie, North East of the UP. We hung around that area mostly and also crossed the bridge into Canada a bit. I've taken the train through Agawa Canyon north from Canada which is an awesome ride. I'm sure you've seen plenty of changes up that way over the past 55 years. Hard to stop progress ! http://www.agawatrain.com/

Thanks for the welcome !

Back