• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tikka/Ithaca 12/222

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

wmumma05

I have a Tikka/Ithaca combo gun in 12 gauge / 222 and would like to mount a scope on it. It is dove tailed, but not sure what rings will fit. Help please!

If you post a photo of the area where the scope would mount, it would help in identifying whether regular Tikka rings would fit. I don't know either, I've never owned one of those combination guns.

For what it’s worth, I picked up a Tikka M07 circa 1973 at a local gun show a few years back. As I recall, after getting the gun, I looked it up in Arma Fenica and found it referred to as a “Tikka Haulikkorihla”, 12 ga / 222. I wanted to put a scope on it and so then I found a pair of Tikka rings at the local Gander Mountain and they fit the dovetail receiver just fine. The rifle shoots an accurate 3 shot group if I let it cool completely between shots. It’s a great turkey/ coyote gun

"Haulikkorihla" is Finnish for a combination gun. It is a combination of "Hauklikko" meaning shotgun (from "hauli," meaning shot), and "rihla" meaning rifle or rifling. "Rihla" is more commonly used as a technical term for rifling and is not the usual word for a rifle. A sporting rifle is usually called a "Luodikko" (from "luoti" meaning bullet); a military rifle is a "Kivääri."

Latest posts

Back