• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tikka 595 Good ideas for Aperture BackUp Sights

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I've been looking high and low for a simple tough set up for aperture sights on my 595 Whitetail Hunter. I'm having a hard time getting specifics about the factory receiver dovetail -
Is it same as Sako ?- I see Sako peeps in online auctions.
Is it same or close enough to CZ 527 ? - because NECG has some options for CZ.
What are the standard dimensions of it ?.. I can;t find a spec or drawing online.

If I can't mount directly , I guess I 'll have to mount a picatinny rail and then use a peep on it. Just wanted to keep it simpler.

Thanks in advance.. and by the way.. I've had this Tikka for a while and stopped using it but am now motivated to use it more since I just returned from a trip to Norway and spent consdierable time in the shops talking about rifles and hunting with the locals. So I'd figured I'd join the Sako Forum..

No, the Sako peep sight will not fit on Tikka dovetails -- they are completely different. The CZ/Brno dovetail is more similar to the Tikka. I don't think they are interchangeable but someone else will have to tell you for sure.

If you mounted a Picatinny rail and put a peep sight on top of that, then the rear aperture sight would be very high and your front sight blade would almost certainly be far too low. Whether you could find a substitute sight blade high enough is questionable.

The CZ dovetail is 16mm, so if your Tikka dovetail is the same it may work. Not sure if NECG uses a lug to fit in the scope ring slot or not, so that could nix that idea. The Williams Guide Receiver Sight for the Marlin lever guns is made to mount on a flat surface, which the Tikka dovetail is, so you can drill and tap your rifle to match the hole spacing & attach it directly to the dovetail. Stone is right that adding a rail for a clamp on sight will make it too high to mate with your front sight. Keep in mind that adding any rear aperture type sight "could" require a change in front sight height requirements. Brownell's has a chart & method to calculate front & rear sight heights so they are compatible. Any good smith should be able to come up with a good peep sight arrangement for you should this prove not to be a plug & play option.

Latest posts

Back