• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L469 222 Mag.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Put it back before the offers come pouring in. Very nice. I know we all appreciate your sharing. Cleaning the gun safe. That is a new one.

rick

Hello Rocky,

What a fabulous L469! I'm always looking for a L469 here in England UK, and have been for many years! Is the commercial .222 Rem Magnum ammunition available in the USA?

Blackjack

I have around 500 rounds of new Nosler brass that I had reloaded.

You can find factory loaded ammo for it on the internet. I believe Hornaday loads for the 222 magnum.

Nice Rocky. Looks to be in fantastic condition - that bluing!

Interesting to see the shape of the rear of the Monte Carlo comb which is quite 'rounded off'; I have an L461 that has a similar shaped comb and had thought it was just well worn (it was a professional kangaroo shooters rifle) but your is the second one I have seen with a similar shaped butt stock.

Marcus

Beautiful rifle Mr. Rocky, and great photos too. I which I had your skill with a camera. Any Sako from that era is a treasure, with the .222 Mag being extra special. I have a couple Sakos in .222 Mag that are unmentionably accurate. One is a model similar to yours in attached photos. I mounted the vintage 10X Lyman All-American to be period specific and it works great too. DSC_0300.JPG DSC_0295.JPG

Oh ya, looks like a twin. I love that Butterscotch coloring on the wood. I like it more than I do the later one's with the dark chocolate stocks.

Man, that looks amazing, Rocky! Rick was right, put it back before the offers come pouring in. Hahaha!

Rocky

Nice rifle. L469's are hard to find in any condition, and that one looks pretty near mint. I'm struck by the similarity to mine, which even had the same Redfield scope in Sako rings when I got it a year or so ago. Mine has the same L461-style stock, but with darker wood and a lot of dings.

Is your rifle actually marked L469? All of the detachable-mag .222 Magnums are of course L469's, since the cartridge wouldn't fit in an L46 action, but the ones I've seen have either been marked L46 or not marked with a model number at all. My sporter is stamped L46 and my Mannlicher-style carbine isn't stamped with the model number. I don't know that I've actually seen one marked as an L469.

Have you fired the rifle? If so, how does it shoot? Mine is a tack driver in spite of the sporter weight barrel. In fact, it outshoots my heavy barrel .222 Magnum L461. Best group so far is 3 shots in 3/8". Almost every group is sub-MOA, even with Remington ammo. The L469 carbine will also shoot under half an inch but it's much fussier about ammo.

One of my favorite rifles in my favorite cartridge. The L469 was only made in the 22 mag and this one has killed a car load of varmints. There isn't a better varmint cartridge made...

photo4.jpg

icebear, the receiver is stamped L469, I think this shows up in one of the photos.

And no, I haven't shot it yet, so I can't tell you how it shoots.

Is your rifle actually marked L469? . . . I don't know that I've actually seen one marked as an L469.
I had a Heavy Barrel marked L469 that I sold a couple of years ago (yes, you can have too many .222 Magnums, at least if you are repeating on heavy barrels. Besides, the L469 had a couple of minor non-original modifications.) My stable of .222 Magnums now consists of an L461 Deluxe, an L461 HB, and a Krico sporter. The Krico doesn't have quite the character of the Sakos, but it is fully as accurate and its double set trigger system is an absolute delight. I just recently snagged a Krico .308 with the same triggers -- they'll spoil you.

Latest posts

Back