• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

243's

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

L-57, the 4th heavy barrel from the front, Pre-Garcia Bofors Deluxe and Finnwolf...

image_1.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

122_3309.jpg

cl_leg - interesting I have never seen a peep sight placed on the front dovetail - do you actually use it in that manner? I would think it would be almost impossible to see through or at least for my old eyes it would be.

Both you ank Kirk have some beautiful guns. Congrats

Marlin22
No I dont use it like that. Can't see past the ladder site. It is there so I don't lose it. I was going to take it off for the pic but didnt bother.
Something interesting is the site hood on the AII. Its is a full cylinder with only a partial cut out attaching to the ramp. Also knurled at the front.

Are you talking about the bottom looking like the attached picture? The front hood is definitely an after market. If it is like the attached picture I believe it is made by a company called NECG

Attachments

• Front Sight hood.jpg
    Front Sight hood.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 16
While I do like the slightly higher comb of the A-series, the more slender lines of the "Bofors" era rifles are my favorites, too. But there are no flies on any of cl_leg's Sako .243's.

Hi Leg, terrific collection. I just love seeing pics of really fine Sako rifles especially if they get used and don't become safe queens.

rick

Latest posts

Back