• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

What are the best scope bases for a Roughtech Pro?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Snyper300

Hi all... I'm a new member and I'm looking forward to gaining knowledge from all you Sako owners. I have a Roughtech Pro that I would like to install better bases on than what comes on it. Can anyone tell me the make/model etc of what works best? Thank you

Hi. Been through the same issue with the new edition to the family (well that's when it gets delivered that is). Looked at everything that is available to suit the rifle. In the end i just bit the bullet and purchased the Optilock base and rings required. The price for both parts needed isn't exactly cheap over this side of the pond but have to admit they should look super neat as i have Optilocks set up and my Sako 85.

Hi. Been through the same issue with the new edition to the family (well that's when it gets delivered that is). Looked at everything that is available to suit the rifle. In the end i just bit the bullet and purchased the Optilock base and rings required. The price for both parts needed isn't exactly cheap over this side of the pond but have to admit they should look super neat as i have Optilocks set up and my Sako 85.
Hi 2valve... Thank you for replying. The Roughtech doesn't have the "integral dovetail rails". Will these still work?

Hi.My rifle has the 11 Dovetails fitted in stock trim. So i just bought the correct bases to suit. Just looked up you specs on your rifle , reads :receiver is drilled and tapped for mounts, and weaver rails are available. If these are to be used, they have to be glued – however, they may also be replaced with suitable steel bases that are readily available on the market, end quote. In my case , i just emailed Beretta Australia and they supplied all of the info i needed to order the correct parts. Try emailing them and see what reply you get , at'least this would be the way i'd try first. Wouldn't think that the Optilock base would be anchored to the weaver mount as this would make the scope sit pretty high even with X-low rings attached. Hopefully other owners will chime in soon to help , sorry i cant be more help .

Hi.My rifle has the 11 Dovetails fitted in stock trim. So i just bought the correct bases to suit. Just looked up you specs on your rifle , reads :receiver is drilled and tapped for mounts, and weaver rails are available. If these are to be used, they have to be glued – however, they may also be replaced with suitable steel bases that are readily available on the market, end quote. In my case , i just emailed Beretta Australia and they supplied all of the info i needed to order the correct parts. Try emailing them and see what reply you get , at'least this would be the way i'd try first. Wouldn't think that the Optilock base would be anchored to the weaver mount as this would make the scope sit pretty high even with X-low rings attached. Hopefully other owners will chime in soon to help , sorry i cant be more help .
No problem, you were great to reply and help me regardless. I read that any base that fits the browning A-bolt will work on a Sako A7... I'll try it out and post how it worked :)

Your best bet is to ditch the aluminum Weaver bases that come with the rifle & get the two piece bases with the turn in dovetail front & the windage adjustable rear. Then any ring set designed for these bases can be used, allowing for various heights & scope tube diameters. The A7 is a round top receiver drilled & tapped for bases. The Leupold bases made for the Browning A-Bolt will also fit the A7 based on all the info I've seen.

Your best bet is to ditch the aluminum Weaver bases that come with the rifle & get the two piece bases with the turn in dovetail front & the windage adjustable rear. Then any ring set designed for these bases can be used, allowing for various heights & scope tube diameters. The A7 is a round top receiver drilled & tapped for bases. The Leupold bases made for the Browning A-Bolt will also fit the A7 based on all the info I've seen.
Thank you for the confirmation :) I didn't order the windage set but I will lap the rings. Ordered the Leupold dual dovetails.

You can take the weaver bases off, and use the Talley rings directly in the A7 receiver.
That's so funny you sent this because I just ordered some and will be putting them on this weekend. I'm a huge Talley one piece ring fan but I couldn't find them. Talley told me to check s few stores here in Canada and Prophet River had them! Great price great service. Thanks for your reply and knowledge, exactly what I hoped for on this Forum. I also must say this is the best, friendliest forum I've ever witnessed. Just awesome!

That's so funny you sent this because I just ordered some and will be putting them on this weekend. I'm a huge Talley one piece ring fan but I couldn't find them. Talley told me to check s few stores here in Canada and Prophet River had them! Great price great service. Thanks for your reply and knowledge, exactly what I hoped for on this Forum. I also must say this is the best, friendliest forum I've ever witnessed. Just awesome!

How did you make out with these? I'm in the same predicament and am looking at the same rings

Latest posts

Back