• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello brothers and sisters

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

fw71

Hello
I am Sako collector from Finland. Born in 1971. Collected weapons made in Finland almost thirty years.

Congratulations, FW71, like our favorite Sakos you're a pre-1972 model!

Tell us about your collection. Sakos made for the European market sometimes varied from those intended for export.

Hi FW71

Welcome to the forum. If you get a chance can you please post up some photos of a Sako L42 in 7x33 :)

Really nice to see some members from Finland on the forum.

Cheers John

Hello
I have collected mostly Valmet, Tikka and Sako weapons made after ww2 to 1990. Sako is very common in Finland, but mints are hard to find. Weapons have been as tools, because they have been mostly used for hunting. I have bought poor individuals too, because they are part of Finnish hunting culture. I have models of P46 and P54 as smallbore rifles and L46,L461 L579,L61r,All, Av and Vl63 too as rifles. One of them is Sako Mayer& Söhne L61R caliper 7x64 brenneke. L42 is hard to find, but L46 model 1 is not so rare.

Tell us a little more about your "Sako Mayer & Sohne" 7x64. Is it a custom-built rifle? We've seen a few L61R 7x64's, but they are very rare on this side of the pond.

Wow! Very interesting, and a beautiful rifle (not to mention the gorgeous Sako Deluxe stock next to it.)

The bolt shroud (rear of bolt) is unique. I've never seen one like it on a Sako, so it must have been custom crafted by Sako for M&S, or made by M&S and retrofitted. I would assume that the floorplate engraving was done by M&S. And that the barrel, which is stamped "Made in Germany" was also apparently fitted by M&S.

I wonder if we could trouble you for a close-up photo of the unique bolt shroud? And if you don't mind, would you post a photo of the LH side of the receiver so we could see its markings?

You've added one more to the list of proprietary rifles on Sako actions, and we thank you for it!

The bolt shroud is Weatherby style. Sako has made L579 model for Weatherby at same time. I have ever seen Sako Weatherby. Could it be similar? Floorplate engraving has done in Sako. I have changed it. Original is without engravings.

Back